To those that hate AllanLambo | FerrariChat

To those that hate AllanLambo

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Mako99, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Two words:

Lighten up.

I've been a long time lurker over at nsxprime.com, and FerrariChat.com since right around late 98, (I own a 99 NSX-T, and am looking at either a Stradale or Gallardo later this year) but lately I've notcied a backlash on both boards on Allan that I think has no basis.

These carboards are not here for everyone to come over and have a giant self-fulfilling circle-jerk contest telling each other how smart we were for buying F-cars and banishing anyone that doesn't agree with the plan.

I use these boards as an auxillary reference for reviews, performance, etc, on the cars they focus on and part of that includes hearing from the dissenters and non-believers. I look for posts from people that are clearly unbiased, which is what I consider myself to be, essentially "sportscar agnostic".

Here's an example:

DES.

I personally think DES is refreshing, it takes me back to the days when I was 13 years old and praying at the sportscar alter nightly, wishing like hell that more days would pass and I'd finally be able to move out, buy one, etc. And what the community here has done for him is great, obviously.

But the truth is that DES is the exact person I DON'T want to hear from concerning F-cars, because every post and every review is like an orgasmic three-way explosion. I don't need to hear from an F-car cheerleader because of course he's going to throw down for the home team no matter what the truth is. I'm not saying that the board would be a better place without DES, he certainly has a place here along with other true fans, but for me it's about cutting through both the overly-positive and the overly-negative and trying to find the middle ground of reality.

Let's face it, buying a Stradale or Gallardo is a major purchase, even for those with a good deal of wealth, and basing that decision on three magazine articles is a leap. I'd much rather hear a review from say Allan on either car, over say DES, because Allan is looking at it with a very biased eye due to previous experience.

DES is kind of like a sports-car virgin. You take him to the whorehouse, and the first girl he lays there is the most beautiful woman in the world and has no equal. Allan is more like Tommy Lee, and if Tommy Lee says that Pam Anderson was a better lay than Jenna Jameson or Heather Locklear, you're inclined to believe him a bit more than betting on DES' whorehouse girl.

I personally think Tommy Lee is a dip****, but I'd have to begrudgingly admit that when it comes to talking about hot chicks in the sack, who would be better to turn to?

And just because Tommy Lee calls your wife "****" in the sack (348Turbo this means you) it doesn't mean a nuclear war has to break out.

I'm done ranting, this message is to the community and mainly to Rob. Rob seriously, I saw your threat to Allan in another thread a week ago that you'd bounce him off the board permanently with another outburst, and I think that's the worst thing you could possibly do. Keep this place as it is, allow BOTH the positive DES types and the negative Allan types, because I don't come here to see "Bring It On 2".

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Everyone hates me! Im soo sad and lonely! LOL

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    MAKO......

WHATS YOUR POINT WITH YOUR THREAD????????????

IS IT ABOUT ALAN OR DES, OR YOU JUST LETTING OUT SOME FRUSTRATIONS??

TELL US...............IS IT THE TIME OF THE MONTH FOR YOU????????

4. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Interesting take by Mako,
    I would have to say I like the different personalities on f-chat, I don't post a whole lot, (but I do log on everyday)..but it makes it interesting reading!! I love all cars, I own a f-car, but I would love a Lambo, and someday I will have one, when everything fall's into place!!
    The passion Des (sorry Carbon??) has is very cool, there is nothing wrong with that, he has alot of great point's!! And Allen, well that's just Allen, take what you can, and leave the rest!! He might get your blood the boil, but for me that's what make's this place fun!!!!! :)
    Happy driving everyone....
    Robert

5. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Gong... ferrarichat.com ... we know drama....

6. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Don't worry, DES will be your friend.

Hey when are you going to fly to the west coast and drive the Gallardo? There are a few demos running around both North and South.

7. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    You own an 88 TR? Nice, my original dream car. Never forget when that was introduced in 84 in Paris.

Anyway,

RELAX LITTLE GIRL!

I am merely saying that F-chat is a better place with both DES and Allan, that's all. I didn't write it with any emotion, I'm not revved up over it or anything, just making the point for keeping people like Allan around. :)

8. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m

9. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    let the record show that i do NOT feel bad for allan, or ANYONE that is compared to tommy lee;)...or has owned more supercars than i have sat in,

10. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003

11. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Mako99, You sure have made a wonderful impression with your first few posts...

You should think about going back to lurking

12. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    Having met AllanLambo and his wife in Maui, I find him very knowledgeable and quite a likeable person. He has a lot of knowledge to share and I for one enjoy his input (I may or may not agree with his opinions).
    PS: Allan- I'll be in Maui for Feb and March. Don't forget the Lambo ride that you promised.

Al LaPeter

13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Mako,

True, all opinions (if adult in nature) should be heard. You should [or maybe you just don't] know that your point can be made WITHOUT making mention of one board member or another. Carbon and Allan both add quite a bit to the experience of reading and posting here. I, for one, look forward to what they both have to say here.

The fact that you DID bring them up (as an example) only detracts from your point and turns the focus to your apparent need to insight emotions in others (while making a feeble attempt to deny your own). I believe that would make you a troll...by definition. :)

Two words for you:

GROW UP!

DL

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #14 allanlambo, Jan 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Mako, i drove the E-gear in Orlando at Ultimate Motors.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #15 allanlambo, Jan 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    What did I say that was so offensive regarding either DES or Allan? They're both perfect examples of polar spectrum opposites when it comes to these cars.

After reading it again, I stand by what I wrote in that post. If you don't like it, you're certainly entitled to that opinion, and the ability to express it as you have. That's pretty much the gist of my whole post, that we should be able to post both pros and cons regarding anything relating to different subjects.

I don't want to insite anything really, I just don't want to show up here one day and find 100+ Ferrari fanboys all telling me that the 2V 308 is the greatest sports car ever made, that's all.

I want a forum with razor sharp opinions from people that are unbiased. I think we can accomplish that, but we can't begin to censor those we disagree with.

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Al, what do you mean you may or may not agree with me? LOL

Call me when youre in Maui! We'll get together!

18. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Have you done a write up about that drive? Is it's on another board, throw me a link. Plus are you going with or without e-gear for yours?

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Short and sweet. The car is an excellent auto. Inmo, much better than a 360. The E-gear was very cool. Its a weird feeling when the car shifts, i expected it to feel like an automatic, but it feels and sounds like someone is depressing a clutch for you and shifting. Its very quick, and comfortable. Great craftsmanship.

As for me getting one, im not. For me, the Murcielago is a greater value, and im having a hard time in Maui justifying buying more cars. I want to keep my Sv, and get a Murci, but with the limited useage here, its very hard to justify. My wife thinks i should trade the Sv for the Murci, and if i want, buy another when we move back to the mainland. Im thinking, i will lose money on a trade, plus the Murci will depreciate more, and that would of been the money for a Diablo. So now, i think im going to add a 996TT, and mod it. It will be more useable out here. But then again, i really want a Murci, and would like to trade the 355 Spider for the Gallardo. Lots of choices, lots of wants, none of which make smart financial sense at this time.

20. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    ......and you didn't post this in OT because?????

21. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    As evidenced by several annotations, the author of this thread is well-intentioned, but misguided. Do you have any idea the type of person you insult by making derogatory comments about DES aka Carbon or BWS88TR aka Bruce? Carbon has travelled far and wide in a relatively short period of time - in hot pursuit of experience. BWS88TR aka Bruce - whom you transparently and opaquely insult - well... ironically, there's a whole lot more to that "RELAX LITTLE GIRL" comment than you realize. You'd know that if you paid the one thing that is free - attention.

I don't hate allanlambo aka Allan. My argument with Allan is based on his deployment of a caste system - deriding or debasing individuals for their "status", be it their vehicle or "worth" - whether that "worth" is net worth and/or through any combination of "status" or "worth" thereof, their opinion. Based on that criteria, time and time again, he has delivered insults to the character of many an F-Chatter. Character is the true measure of a man - not horsepower.

"Ferrari sux, period" and like comments doesn't win many points with a Ferrari-centric board, either. It is, after all - FerrariChat. But - I've never done the "prove it" bit - ie - questioned his honesty or integrity regarding his experience with vehicles. To that end, I haven't questioned Bruce or Carbon's honesty or integrity with vehicles either. I certainly don't question their "status", "worth", or where they fit on the totem pole of life. In this stage of his life - Bruce is a shining example of what a real man is. "RELAX LITTLE GIRL" you say? His little girl can relax, knowing he has his priorities straight. If there is a totem pole on F-Chat, then currently Bruce's "status" is on top. Carbon supports him, just the same as Bruce supports Carbon. Neither competes to be on top. Allan appears to have the "always has to win" child-psychology thing down pat, but in so doing, by his methodology, defaces not only other characters, but his own. But, still - I welcome his input on cars.

If you had/have a "problem" with Rob's perception of Allan's antics - then that's the thread you should (have) put a post on. 3/4 of your closing paragraph of your pompous commencement would have sufficed on that thread. To chastise another individual "by way of example" throughout four (4) paragraphs is completely unwarranted. You made the choice to deface, deride and debase other individuals on this board. In so doing, you do the same to yourself. As for me - I can't be bought.

22. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    I think it doesn't matter where the guy posted it. If he posted it in the right place, he would be slaughtered too. Why? Because it's for Allen, and people think he did a attack on DES. The DES part is quite true, nothing against DES, absolutely not, I like most of his posts, never met him, but he sounds cool. But if I want real info, I wouldn't ask him.'

Just my 0.02

23. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! Some people get soo excited over the word "Allanlambo" LOL

24. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    No, and why should you ask him? He's just a fan, like many of us here on f-chat. But there is also many owners, and those are the ones to ask. Why is DES even be mentioned in this context about being asked technical questions?

25. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

wax,

you defend bruce but i think you fail to note that the female ref. was first made by bruce when he asked if mako was having female issues. mako then got a bit defensive...i can't blame him as bruce's comments were in caps. there are lots of good folks on this site and we should all show some restraint when it comes to our opinions. facts are facts however and in order to state or defend, there is no venom required.

additionally, the nasty threads will go away if we all chose not to add to them. let's try to do better and be better.

p.s. i have been an f-chatter for several years and had made many posts on the previous site...just did not want to take flak for my lack of posts.