See an incredible collection (without going to Japan!) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

See an incredible collection (without going to Japan!)

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Jet-X, Jan 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I'm fine with this as well!

2. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Moving back to the top...

3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Can I show up if I own euro trash? The parts that will fall off and the dribbles of fluids left in the street will be of the finest British quality, guaranteed! :D

Sunny

4. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    I too would love to attend and I am in the same boat as Jordan, Amanda and Sunny absent an F-car. Perhaps we will have to sit on each other's lap? This GTG is setting up to be great! I look forward to seeing all you F-Chatters again and especially want to see Armen's Enzo. See you Saturday!

-Jay.

5. Z06Kal

Z06Kal Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    I'm also in that boat (I think its going to sink with this much weight) :). I havn't gotten to see an enzo close up yet.

Jay great looking hot rod you got in your profile. What kinda rwhp does that thing put down? I've always wondered if the guys who build the show quality classic hot rods up like that ever actually take them to the drag strip. I've personally never seen one there. What would a car like yours run there?

6. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    you guys are all welcome to come... (who's Amanda?)

Sorry for late reply - just got back from Vegas (CES)

7. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Z06Kal- Thanks for the compliments. This has been a true labor of love (and likely why not many are seen at the local drag strip). The engine was pulled from a Mustang 1/4 mile car which was dynoed with a different setup at 455 rwhp. We had to change the blower pulley to drive it at half it's former boost to make it tamer for our 'lil buggy. We estimate 350-400 hp in it's current configuration but there's still a lot to be done so for now it's all a guess. I look forward to seeing how it compares to an F-car (not Rick's or Armen's) from traffic light to traffic light. I'll have some pictures and video with me on Saturday. See you then!

8. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Is there anyone coming to view the video that is NOT GOING to Crystal Cove first? If so email for directions. Otherwise, we'll caravan from Crystal Cove

9. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Brian,
    Amanda is the young woman who drives the Red Z06 Vette. She was at the FX Drive, in case you don't remember... :)

Byron

10. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian

Oh, I remember :D

Didn't see anyone here with that name post in this thread hence my question. Is this "GrammyGirl"?

11. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Bingo. :)

12. Z06Kal

Z06Kal Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Throttleman hey thanks for the info. Would you mind running it against my Z06 if we manage to meet up. I'm curious to see how my car will do. I know you have a killer power to weight in that thing so it would be a fun race. How does it hook by the way?

13. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Right now the car is in Canada undergoing polishing of the blower and chroming of a few items as the paint was completed a mere three weeks ago. I have driven it all of once since the blown small block was shoe-horned in. Hookup was terrible but then again it was snowing! LOL

As for racing- I think I'd rather concede that the Z06 has FAR better engineering and would likely kick it's a$$. It will take some dialing in and driver familiarity before any vehicle like a Z06 or F-car has anything to worry about. I am actually considering a Z06 purchase as a reslut of talking with a few F-Chatters, so when the car is shipped to CA (late Jan/early Feb) I will be attending Crystal Cove weekly until it's sold and would very much like to compare the two. E-mail me and I'll keep in touch.

Sorry for the off topic conversation.
    See you all at CC tomorrow!!!

14. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Brian,
    Thank you for your wonderful hospitality today. Your home theater was amazing and the model/book collection you have is impressive! Hopefully, we didn't cause too much noise with the neighbors... hehe.

We should definitely keep up this movie night tradition! :)

Thanks again... I'm sure all will agree that it was great to see beautiful ferraris on the big screen and in HIGH DEFINITION!! :)

Byron

15. DynastyD_308qv

Nov 24, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Ron Couch Jr.
    It was great seeing EVERONE at CC today. Got off to a slow start this AM with my headlights and dash lighting blowing on me, but was more than determined to make it.

Brian,

I also want to chime in here and say THANKS for the movie. FB & I had a great time....

...great time UNTIL I left and hit the toll road.... and was FORCED to go through without paying... Only had a 50... didn't know that they ONLY accepted $20.00 or less, The prick at the toll booth took a look at the F Car, smiled, wouldn't accept it, and MADE me get photo'd as we crawled past the gate. Totally shafted my afternoon! Any suggestions to beat the unjust fine I'll get by mail?

Ron

PS: Maybe I should have tried to flash him... on second thought... probably would have had me arrested! "Officer ...really it must have been another fat white guy in a red Ferrari!"

16. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Brian - Was a great time! Would love to see an entire movie at your place - That sound system just adds another dimension - Kinda cool when your whole seat is rumbling while DeNiro is blowing up stuff. :)

Sorry to hear that Ron - That blows!

17. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks Brian!!

I had a blast. Great to see everybody again, and drool at all of the nice cars. That home theatre is amazing.

Dom

18. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    My wife wants me to say that she apologizes that I wasn't more organized, and that next time she'll make sure I am.

Anyway, I had a blast with everyone. Hitting 110 on the 73 (although Byron says we were going faster) was fun with Rick behind me. Crystal Cove had such a turnout, reminiscent of summer. And the company, I enjoy hanging with all of you.

Jordan, hope you enjoyed the plane collection, and next time we'll have another movie event, but shoot for an evening so people don't feel they're missing the day driving.