Where Can I Get Touch Up Paint? | FerrariChat

Where Can I Get Touch Up Paint?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TigerAce, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    One of my kids parked his bike by my 328, and when the bike got knocked out by his friend, it left small scratch, about 1/8" of rectangular scratch by a front wheel. I can see white undercoat. Should I use touch-up paint or just ignore since it is like rock-chip?
    Where can I get touch-up paint if necessary?

This may be asked before or sounds stupid, but I really don't know what is appropriate. My 328 don't have any chipped paint other than this one, and the paint is very decent for almost 20 years old car. It looks better than newly painted '69 Mustang (re-painted in 2000).

Any advise or comment is very much appreciated.

Yoshi Ace

2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Yoshi, I was able to get touch up paint through my local F dealer. Sorry about the ding, my daughter did the same thing with her bike when she was younger.

3. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
  4. f355

f355 Karting

Oct 5, 2002
    I ordered from paintscratch and it was not a match. It was much darker. I even emailed from them and got no answer. Go to the dealer.

5. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Dealer wont carry older touch up, there are different tints to Rossa Corsa anyway thru the years, go to a pro auto paint supply and spend $40 on a pint that will match.

6. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Ask the F dealership who does their body/paint work.Go there and ask them to match the paint and sell you a small amt.

7. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Thank you all for advise. Good thing I asked. My first thinking was to get it from F dealer or local paint shop.

Is it just me to consider getting small touch up paint is such a tedious errands?

8. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Got a touch-up paint from Steve Harris Imports for my red 328.
    The label on the container says "Schneider Auto Karosserie."
    Phone # 801-484-9400. It is a perfect match for Rosso Corsa.

After the applying the touch-up, you may need this (www.lanka.com).

Good luck.