My life the full of cars (Paul Frere) | FerrariChat

My life the full of cars (Paul Frere)

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by abavai, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I am lookinng a book wrote for Paul Frere, it´s autobiography.
    Have you read this book ?Can you post any image the book?
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    #2 hps, Jan 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have read this book, and Mr. Frere was kind enough to send me a signed copy, along with a letter.
    Wonderful book, and I highly recommend it. (Not just because he is an aquaintance.)

Shouldn't be that hard to get, try amazon.com, or Motorbooks, etc. It was publishe by Haynes a couple of years ago, so you should easily be able to goet a copy.

Great read.
    Her is a cover scan.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Hi! Can you post any picture of the book indoor?
    Have you met Paul frere? He was a good driver and he is a good yournalist.
    Thanks!

4. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Hi Abavi ;

Yes, I have had the pleasure of meeting Paul. He is a true gentelman, and can tell may stories, for hours on end.

I have over 400 Motor racing books, on Ferrari, Porsche and Formula 1 racing. It would be a bit of a struggle to scan a bunch of pics, as well as the fact that I am very picky about the books, and don't really like scnning them, and handling them...they also never get lent out !
    Here is someone who is actually selling the book on Ebay, and he went to the trouble of scanning a lot of the book, and added solme good descriptions as well. Check this link, and I am sure you will like the book,
    Trus me, it is worth getting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2216466198&category=35932

Cheers,

hps

5. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I have a paperback copy of Paul Frere's earlier book, "Starting Grid to Chequered Flag", copyright 1962, that I bought a few years ago for $5.00.

6. Gilles

Gilles Karting

Aug 10, 2003
    South of France
    #6 Gilles, Jan 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Armand

Armand Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    NE Ohio
    Full Name:
    Armand
    No, havent seen that one, but I have "The Technique of Motor Racing"
    1st US edtion. Its excellent, and of all of my collection that Ive sold, Ive managed to hang on to this one.
    If I run into it, I'll let yoy know.

Armand.