truly for the man who has everything - an aircraft carrier! | FerrariChat

truly for the man who has everything - an aircraft carrier!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dr C, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
  2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    too cool! I wonder what maintaince is like on those puppies.

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Not too shabby for a cool 5 mil or so...but you are right, the maintainance would be almost as expensive as a TR belt change;)

Would be nice to buy it and make some of the interior extremely luxurious.

4. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    man, I think it is time for a militia to buy that up and head to the ME. LOL

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Do you suppose Gulfstream can add a tow hook to your G5 so you can land on it ? :)

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i remember when someone put a link for that up on this site that directed you to the ebay site.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    A Floating dragstrip..."ooops! didn't stop in time! Splash!!"

8. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I was on that ship 1 week ago as well as a de-commissioned submarine of the Brasilian Navy. I'm down in Rio de Janeiro on holidays and they have that ship and well as 2 others open as floating musems which can be seen free of charge for 5 hours a day...Mon-Fri.

The "Minas Gerias" is moored right next to the Santos Dumont airport next to downtown Rio at the navy base at Ilha das Cobras. It looks as fresh as the day it was new.

FWIW....the ex-French navy carrier "Clemenceau" was recently refurbished and sold to Brasil 2 years ago. It is now the new flagship of the Brasilian Navy. It was moored right beside it...and was obviously not open to the public.

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Lets analyze the business possibilities here. What are drunken sailors known to do? Strip clubs & brothels :) Turn the thing into a giant floating Naughty Amusement park with plenty of bars, strip clubs, brothels, bedrroms, Naughty tpy stores. Float it out in Intl waters so nobody can give you any grief. now THAT would be a serious party :) You could call it the Lady Marmalade LOL

10. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Fchatters could start our own Military against Lamborghini with a thing like that. Really, for an aircraft carrier 5 million doesnt seem completely unreasonable. A 250 GTO vs. an Aircraft Carrier :)

11. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    I wouldn't want to land on it. But we could have all sorts of fun finding things to fling off the steam catapult. Lets see everything from Buick, Kia...