1/8th F40 and transkit | FerrariChat

1/8th F40 and transkit

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Prowler, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new here(just found the site today),I have a Pocher F40 and a transkit(an IMSA conversion) that I am considering building.Trouble is,I have no experience with transkits.Is there anyone on the site that may have some experience with this transkit?The link for the transkit is here:

http://www.scaleautoworks.com/F40LM.htm

This is the link for the LM,but mine is an IMSA kit.Thanks for the help.

Matt

2. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Very difficult in my opinion.

I bought that trans kit and sold it off on Ebay.

It is fairly well made for what it is. But the resin and white metal parts will require lots of work. Be aware that in 1:8 scale errors and misfits show up easily.

A number of body modifications are required. Taking a cut off wheel to the Pocher metal body was beyond my skills.

I am told the F40 kit is going to be reissued in the next few months. But that is just a strong rumor IMO.

3. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Prowler,
    fortunately, Stephane from scaleauto posts here from time to time. I'm sure he'll see the Pocher Transkit title and chime in shortly.