the 612 rocks man!!! | FerrariChat

the 612 rocks man!!!

Discussion in '612/599' started by speed_addict_red, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speed_addict_red

Jan 10, 2004
    HY Ferrari lovers.
    I am mad because on the Ferrari site www.ferrari.com you have to pay to watch ferrari videos.
    I was wondering if some of you nice people have an account there and if they are willing to share it with me.
    I will not use it for mailing, just to watch exclusive videos and pictures.
    I ask for the ferrari community to help because i'm desperate.
    Please help me.!
    In othe order of ideas, have you seen, the 612?
    I was breathless when i saw it. I almost choked!
    Thanks!

2. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    I like the front end, the rear needs a tiny bit of excitement, and the interior is far below the 575...whats going on here? The 575 was PERFECT interior wise for this car...to bad.

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    What are you talking about, "you have to pay to watch ferrari videos" ?

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    To me, the 612 looks too heavy. Maybe it was the color (blue). I'd have to see it in titanium or black.

DL

5. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    What I find most awkward about the 612 is the front, which seems to be based loosely on the front of the Pinninfarina Rosso concept car. But, the Rosso has an "outie" with the center grille projecting outward, giving it a sleek look. The Quattroporte has a bit of an "outie" similar to this.

The 612 on the other hand, has an "innie", with the grille recessed from the front corners of the car. Its an interesting styling experiment, but it looks awkward, IMHO.

Lets just hope the 550/575 replacement gets an "outie" like the Rosso!

6. The interior is gorgous on the 612 I think it looks better then the 550/575 interiors the seats etc the instrument cluster. I think the car needs work on bigger wheels to make it look more planted to the ground and maybe some minor front adjustments.

7. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
  8. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I wasn't a member of Ferrarichat when previous models were released... So I am wondering if the "welcome" and all the chit chat about the looks and design of the previous models did generate as much controversy as the 612 does.

So is this the same for every new model or the 612 is simply one of the worst designs of pininfarina, according to the general thinking of most Fchatters???