Car cleaning | FerrariChat

Car cleaning

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by robinh, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    A while ago I misplaced my AutoGlym car polish so went to my local car bits shop where I got sold Maguiares Gold. The results of this are fantastic compared to AutoGlym as I'm sure some of you will know.

Here is seems that US owners rave about Zainos which seems to be a fantastic improvement over Maguaires Gold. At $14 for a bottle I thoiught I'd get some but got directed to a firm in Germany who want 21Euros plus shipping tax etc.

Know I don't mind paying a bit to get US products here in the UK but I do mind getting ripped off (other car sites have expressed the same sentiment).

I have asked a US friend if some could be sent to me and thought I'd offer to get additional product if anybody here also wanted some.

2. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Robin,

Look at earlier posts by me, you can buy this at a few outlets in the UK at 14.50 bottle.

I believe there,s a link on FOC site.

Regards

Joe

3. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Which one is that Joe? The closest I could find is http://www.morethanpolish.com which doesn't seem to carry Zainos. I started looking through all your old posts but there are rather a lot!

Like Robin, I'd like to give this stuff a go (clay bar, polish et al). I'll be off to the US in the next few weeks, so if I can't get it here I'll take myself off to an auto store.

Kevin

4. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    has anybody here not tried Zymol? I find it fantastic and easy to use if you dont make the mistake of putting too much on
    steve

5. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Ive always used autoglym and been really pleased. Is Maguiers that much better?

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Maguire's is, i think, better than Autoglym. Zymol is v. good but fearsomely expensive.
    Tony

8. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Zymol is expensive. But then so are So are Ferraris!

A tub of polish lasts ages (3 yrs so far) doing at least 2 coats a year. £70 well spent. Try Ital Glaze.

I'd recommend it heartily, but then I dare say I'd be impressed by others. The best thing about Zymol is that it is very pleasant to use.

Robert.

9. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I used to be happy with AutoGlym until I tried Magauires Gold - not just I noticed it everybody did! It makes AutoGlym look very poor by comparison.

Not only is the shine very much richer/deeper the Magauires goes on much more easily and wipes off without residue. It smells ok too and comes with an applicator pad that does a great job - well worth buying.

As for the Ziamol I'll get more than I need and when it's arrived I'll post to say so. It might take a little while as I'll be relying on others in the US

Robin

PS I started lookign into this as I'm getting a black car and these tend to need more care in keeping them clean to look good and Ziamol always seems to come out on top. The cars I've tried Magauires on are Red (Ferrari) and Silver/grey (BMW) - it's fantastic on both

10. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I currently use Zymol, and like Robert, still have most of the pot remaining after 3 years. While I'm perfectly happy with it, it's always fun to try something new. Taking a look at this thread http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5385 makes me want to try Zainos. Zymol didn't rank that well in what looks on the face of it to be a pretty good test procedure so I'd like to see for myself.

11. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Duh - I meant Zainos not Ziamol

12. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well, just checked this out Tony, then went looking on that site for any news of a future group buy. Found this http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154042&perpage=25&pagenumber=1 [teletubbies] run away, run away [/teletubbies] If we have to go this route, let's do our own group buy!

13. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Im off to the states at the end of the month. Let me know if you want me to piack any up. No promises cos with the exchange rate as good as it is my bags might come back rather full! But will try if anyone interested.

14. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Kevin,
    all i can do is quote from that thread;

"I don't know what the f*ck to make of all this. I am slightly revolted."

And we all made fun of them cousin lovin' rednecks!!!
    Tony

15. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I know! I was laughing like a drain over here. Thing is, you don't know when a group buy is going to turn into a group hug

I was trying to think of ways to get him help while I was driving around tonight, you know, in the car I hug the most, but I couldn't come up with any ideas.

As you slowly slip into the cockpit with little or no resistance?
    Oh man. It's contagious!

Egad