Good Real Estate Investment Books? | FerrariChat

Good Real Estate Investment Books?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by bkaird1, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I'm interested in learning about real estate investment and figured there probably were a few people here with experience. Can anyone recommend some good books on the subject?

Brad

2. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    Brad:
    It all depends on what you're interested in learning about. Can you be more specific? As a short list, there's single & multi-family residential, vacation property, REO, class A, B, C commercial, light industrial, REIT's, and land. You will probably get better answers if you can hint at what kinds of RE investments are you interested in.

Shan

3. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Well... I'm very new to the idea and would really like a book that gives an introduction to the various types of investments. I'll be graduating (finally!) within a few years and hopefully will have some income to invest and real estate seems interesting. I'm just looking for a beginners book to become alittle more familiar with it and see if it is right for me. Sorry if I can't be more specific, I really don't know enough to be specific. Any suggestions would be great.

Brad

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I have the same question - I'd like to learn about the "big stuff" - commercial and REIT... I keep coming back to the though I might just have to buy a textbook from an MBA course.

-R