why are we even over there? | FerrariChat

why are we even over there?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by MarkPDX, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    It is time to take a serious look at our involvement there.

Everyday there are news reports about more deaths. Every night on the TV are photos of death and destruction. Why are we there?

The land is too large to secure all of it. The bad people causing this damage can roam anywhere, and we can't possibly police the whole place. Why are we still there?

We occupied this land, which we had to take by force, but it causes us nothing but trouble. Why are we still there?

Their government is unstable, and in the process of changing. Why are we still there?

Refugees have recently been fleeing by the thousands, driven from their homes. Why are we still there?

It will cost billions to rebuild and stabilize, which we can't afford. Why are we still there?

There are more than 1000 religious sects.

We can't even secure the borders. Why are we still there?

And to repeat, everyday we hear of more Americans killed in this dangerous land.

It is clear! We must abandon California.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    ¡Viva la revolucion!

3. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    for a second there mark, you had me saying WTF! i thought ART355 hijacked your user ID :)

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Californis is what happened when God picked up the US & shook it & all the fruits & nuts fell into California :) I hope they enjoy their rolling blackouts and the whole 19th C motif

5. ART360

ART360 Guest

Since we pay twice in US taxes what we get back, I'm in favor of that. We are the 5th largest economy in the world, highest standard of living in the world, and we contribute about 15% of the USA's budget, but only get about 9 - 10% back. You bet, we'd live better, and you guys would get what you desire.

Art

6. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spit warning please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  8. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    Hope you enjoy your humidity, toll roads ,and geezers in Buicks blocking the left lane. Florida is God's waiting room.

75 degrees here at the beach today, ZERO humidity, decent size surf , life is good. LOL

9. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Uh-oh...here we go...

Hope you enjoy your HUGE state income tax, HUGE auto registration fees, HUGE cost of gasoline, HUGE costs of electricity, HUGE costs to own even the smallest shcak of a home, HUGE state deficit, HUGE illegal immigration problem, HUGE number of births at taxpayer expense to illegals in public hospitals, earthquakes, fires, mudslides, etc etc etc. Shall I go on?

68 degrees here today, ZERO humidity, with what I save in living costs can pick my choice of surfs, life is good. LOL

:)

10. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Now see... if a big state like Texas were to take over California, they could do so for just cause. There is oil to be plundered here, and many other things would be set straight again. West Texas sounds good to me.

and this is coming from a Native Californian.

-Gabe

11. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    This is childish - live where you want to live - its a free country

12. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    There is nothing free about living in California

13. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    If you can't afford to play with the big boys you live in other states. But it's funny how people are always talking about vacationing in California . But who ever says hey I'm spending a week in Texas. We can snow ski, play in the desert , drive the canyons, surf the best breaks, we have world class restuarants, great amusement parks . Yes we have a few problems , but they don't impact my day to day life.

One of my rental houses is appraised for $575,000.00 I paid $1945.00 in property taxes for the year. What do you guys pay out there? Taxes? Get some good counsel and it's not bad. Earthquakes, you get to build a new home what's the downside? Plus earthquakes are God's way of saying get out of the state.Mudslides, nothing but sand where I live doesn't afect me. Don't you guys get tornadoes every year that destroy the trailer parks ? "HUGE illegal immigration problem", well if employers wouldn't hire these people they would not come here now wouldn't they. Plus since your state sits next to their border you guys must have the same problem don't you ? How does any of this affect your day to day life? I want gasoline to get to $5-6.00 a gallon it would make people take buses and clear the roads for me.

Like I said if you can't play with the big boys plenty of other cheaper states to live in.

14. ART360

ART360 Guest

Bottom line:

If we weren't paying the other 49 states bills through the federal tax system, we'd have the lowest taxes on the continent. The balance of the US is living off of us. Just look at the numbers: what we pay and what we get back. Despite the blood suckers, we still have the best standard of living in the US.

Art

15. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I cant understand voluntarily living in a state where you have to pay state income tax. Thats why I dont live in CT, also CT is pretty boring. I've lived in San Fran & I'll take Miami any day over San Fran or LA

16. ART360

ART360 Guest

Here's the report that lays it out:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/terencejeffrey/tj20030820.shtml

As you can see, California pays about 60B a year to the feds more than we get back out. The balance goes to other States. I think that each state should get out what they put in. The balance of the country makes nasty comments, but they sure like to take our money. Without that burden, I bet our taxes would be quite a bit lower.

Comments, now that the FACTS are out?

Art

17. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Do you have an email address so I can have my jokes fact checked before posting?

18. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I wonder what the lawyer(s) can tell me is wrong with this one:

You have 6 black Rooster's on a fence.

Question - How many wings do they have ?
    Answer = 12

Question - How many beak's do they have ?
    Answer = 6

Here comes a big white cat !

How many whiskers does the cat have ?
    Answer - I dont know !

Question - Why do you know so much about black cock, and dont know anything about white ***** !

OBJECTION , YOUR HONOR! Counsel is leading the witness

19. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

I have some advice: elect better, more effective Senators & Congresspeople...

;-)

20. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

All your elitism notwithstanding, I would like to point out that you can apply all the lipstick you want to the pig...but it is still a pig.

;-)

21. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    California has long taken the lead in paternalistic state involvement in the daily lives of its citizens, at some cost to its taxpayers. But, New York City, being led by that whiner, Bloomberg, is lately outdoing itself in legislating morals and behavior. I love the beauty of Northern California, and the easiness of its denizens. LA is a fun place to visit but i'd have a hard time living in any big city at this point. (Don't ask why i still commute to NYC- its the cost of having a career).

22. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There's an old saying that procalims 'as California goes today, so goes America in 10 years'....

23. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Kalifornia should ban all cars with engines above 1.8 liters.

Cars above 1.8 liters need to be registered and will have
    a special one year exemption to sell the vehicles to the other
    happy citizens of the poor USA. This will open up a huge
    surplus of fun cars for all the other members of F Chat.

The surplus will result in a dramatic fall in the price of fun cars.

The people of Kalifornia have spoken and voted with there elected
    politicians.

24. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!

25. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca

No worries mate, I'm in the kitchen right now having lunch . I'm watching some overhead sets coming in and I see the pigs you speak of. Three college age girls from out of state on vacation .

74 degrees today, and the surf's is up. Can life get any better. Damn I love retirement .