"on a bender," was bad tv deal | FerrariChat

"on a bender," was bad tv deal

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TestShoot, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Well on Wednesday, the production team we were using for our show panic'd and dropped our TV show from development because they wanted more of our business than we could give (laughing hysterically at their offer), essentially 53% of our business. Contractually they get 50% of our licensing, and they do all the licensing, cutting out a pre-signed deal with a half billion dollar a year company. Like TV producers can deliver licensing and product, HA! Greedy bastards would make more off of us than we would.

So I scrapped my 550 and spent the $$$ on the project, only to have it fall through. i also was getting screwed out of executive producer and created by credits and producer's fees.

Anybody here, and I know there are, in television production or talent representation that wanna chat? we are willing to give up 25% of our licensing, not 50%

I am drowning my sorrows by chuggin DR. Pepper, Wasabe Peanuts (which I hate) and the occasional 'rock the girlfriend's world' followed by running around stroking my ferrari keys chanting "I'll get another, yeah one in every color, hahaha yeah that's it"

She requests that you guys help talk me off the ledge while she can slip out the backdoor.

2. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    TestShoot, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. Not that it's any consolation but my experience has been that what comes around goes around. Hopefully one day the shoe will be on the other foot.

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Knowing my luck those shoes won't go with my hat.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    *Ahem* DC Productions? Or were these guys the Middleman?

Entelechy is a Film guy - he might have a reference to a not-quite-as-hungry wolf or 2...

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Sorry to hear.

But these wasabe peanuts.... those sound interesting. they might be just the thing I need to help clear the sinuses.