Wow ! The real Howie Dean?? | FerrariChat

Wow ! The real Howie Dean??

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by maranelloman, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    what's wrong with telling someone: "You sit down. You've had your say and now I'm going to have my say." ? if someone came at you dave, i'm sure you'd react in the same way; dunno how this snippit somehow elucidates the mr.hyde side of the candidate? (note: i'm not trying to depate political merit here, but it seems that, as of late, this dean guy's been put through the ringer for speaking without the usual, veiled , and meaningless, parlance that's become the custom for politicians).

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    This was after he "...lectured Dean for nearly three minutes..."
    Don't know if I like Dean yet, but:
    A) Amazing he allowed this guy to "lecture" him for 3 minutes, and
    B) That he didn't kiss the guy's butt when it came his turn to speak.
    2 points for Dean.

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Psst Dave. You need to chill on this stuff. It looks like even the Demos are figuring out what a fruitcake this guy is, not good.

A doctor running for President as a Demo, not in our wildest Republican fantasies could we have ever come up with something as good as this...

4. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#5 maranelloman, Jan 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

OK, Dale, fair enough.

Hubert & sjmst, remember that the man only asked Dean (and the other Dems) to offer something--anything--as positive suggestions of policy, instead of the 24/7 bitter mean-spirited attacks on Bush.

And, since he was apparently unable to do so, Dean instead attacked the messenger of this very sane, respectful message.

But, hey, go ahead & make him your nominee. Dale is right. Just remember that I would pick "Reverend" Sharpton in a heartbeat because, notwithstanding his tattered past, he is bright, funny, self-deprecating, and, knowing he has no chance, actually has the guts to say what he thinks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Dave, you don't actually think that, well, you can't believe that even the Demos are that bent, do you?

But wow! What a candidate. I'm thinking that we need to start a grass roots campaign for Sharpie. Think of the possiblities. Johnny Cochran as Attorney General! Jessie Jackson as Sec. of Defense! Think of the campaign slogans -- Crack is Wack, but Sharpie is not. Oh, be still my heart...

From a CPA in Texas who used to be a yeller-dawg democrat, and if you don't know what a yellow-dog democrat is, then you probably ain't got the sense to pee downwind.