12 second living room on wheels! | FerrariChat

12 second living room on wheels!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 4sfed4, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Now this is the definition of a luxo-liner with some scoot! Watch the grey car in the right lane.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1elpe/e55.wmv

This car was running 12.3-12.4@118 all day long. I think the driver was also able to eat plate of nachos and drink a Coke during the run. Line up, hit the gas from idle, steer straight for 1320 feet and grab the slip!

Pretty cool car for $78k.

2. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
  3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thats one fast Benz!! Benz is the best bar none. (well they've been slouching the the quality department lately but there still nice)

4. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Heck yes! Viper/ZO6 type acceleration with all the luxo goodies!

Im my mind, there no way that car makes only 469 hp. Its gotta be way over 500 hp to move that much mass to that type of trap speed.

5. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Its not HP, its torque. There's plenty of debate on this in the archives. :) It produces slightly more torque then both the cars you mentioned ;)

6. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003

Any dyno sheets in the archives?

7. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Thats gotta be the most hotly debated topic on all the internet!

In my reasoning, it is always power that matters. When we all say a car "is torquey" we are basically implying it makes alot of power at low rpm. Since the average power applied through the band is what really matters, this can make a car appear to run faster than the peak power number would indicate.

My thoughts are that torque can be "manufactured". This is easily accomplished by gearing. But, power cannot be "manufactured" in this way. No matter what the gearing, power will, in theory at least, stay the same.

Otherwise, wouldnt we all drive turbo diesels and just run super tall gears? And, wouldnt F1 and CART cars, etc make more than the relatively small level of torque that they make?

8. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Found this one on the net.....