Do You Own, Lease or make payments on your Ferrari? | FerrariChat

Do You Own, Lease or make payments on your Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by vref, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vref

vref Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    1 Hr North of Housto
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Which Ferrari do you have and do you own it (Paid in Full), Lease it or make Payments on it?

2. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Just curious...why do you want to know? Whenever someone asks me about this I usually tell them none of your business. I'm always thinking that the reason why people ask how it is paid for is to measure themselves up financially.

P.S. In answer to your question...none of your business.

3. vref

vref Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    1 Hr North of Housto
    Full Name:
    Jim

Just for fun. Your right its nice to know if other people like me put this much cash into a toy. Or maybe the smart ones just make payments and put their money else where. Don't be ashamed not everone can own them outright.

If you didn't want anyone to know your business why reply to the thread?

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    You might have better luck if you start a new thread and used the poll feature.

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Before you (obviously) let others get to you so easily, why not complete YOUR OWN PROFILE?!? :)

DL

6. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    My response isn't hasty but rather proves my point...your measuring up and that's ok. Your question doesn't bother me I wanted to know your reasoning for asking.

As for replying to your thread...I didn't tell you my business...I posted a comment to your thread. After all you still don't know If I own, lease, or make payments.

7. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I see 'vref' has a money issue, and he is probably a 'Troll'.

He's doing the same thing that so many 'strangers' ask me; what did you pay for your cars?

I just say to those inquisitive folks; "More than a VW, and less than a new 747"!

Just put 'vref' to bed, and forget about him!

8. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Why would not anybody own one?? (unless not enough cash) I can't imagine the lease amount payment.

If I have to lease it, first it is not tax deductible, and secondly rather adding my portfolio

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Youre better then me. I always answer " I dont pay attention to cost"

10. udalmia

udalmia Guest

dont want to start a flame war but then i think some of you guys are overreacting, maybe he's just a new ferrari buyer and was wondering how the lease/finance rates are, if it is even a viable option and was just wondering what fellow buyers were doing? i could be wrong but oh well..
    i will answer, i paid in full for mine since the depreciation is very low and the leasing rates are ludicrist

11. vref

vref Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    1 Hr North of Housto
    Full Name:
    Jim

Constructive. Thanks will do.

12. vref

vref Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    1 Hr North of Housto
    Full Name:
    Jim

What is a Troll? Besides I didnt ask what you paid for the car I asked if you owned it?

13. vref

vref Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    1 Hr North of Housto
    Full Name:
    Jim

Thanks for participating.

No the cars are not financed but just curious about other people if they want to participate.

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  15. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    None. The company I work for got it for me.

16. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm curious, why is it relevant?

17. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    His methods may not be the best but I think it might be kind of interesting if it was set up as an anonamous poll. Are 360 owners more or less likely to be making payments than 575 owners? Do many people lease 355s....etc...

On edit: It doesn't look like the poll feature will work very well for a multi part survey.