Dead 355 | FerrariChat

Dead 355

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by darth550, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    "The Rock" is on and the 355 is about to meet Enzo. Sad to see it happen. Even worse was the Daytona in "A Star is Born."

DL

2. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    They pretty much destroy that replica.I think the one they built for the movie started the 355 replica demand.It looked pretty good in the movie from what i remember.To bad I've never seen one of the replica's look that good.

3. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    I wouldn't worry. The original 355 sat behind the camera and watched as the stunt double took a massive crunching.

If you have a DVD copy of "The Rock" and you select a frame by frame forward view, you can see that the replica's fiberglass body bows out as the trolly car continues to slide into the supposed 355. Very unlike an all aluminum constucted car body.

now... in the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" with Nicholas Cage, they wrecked 3 of those black BMW's out of the original 4.

I don't know of any movies where a real Ferrari was sacraficed on purpose to get that "shot".

- Gabe

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    What about The Hidden?

5. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i would think its a replica

on a side note i saw a funny thing in dupont registry, it was a 355 that said was used in the movie "the replacements" and others but...there isn't a 355 in the replacements, its a 348 (iirc)