To those that hate AllanLambo | Page 3 | FerrariChat

To those that hate AllanLambo

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Mako99, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Anytime!

2. up2nogd

up2nogd Karting

Aug 6, 2002
    And we need a Television for what???

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This thread gets my vote for the most useless cr@p on the internet!!!

We are all big girls and boys here we do not need a babysitter ... or a troll (?).

Man I am glad I do not have to pay Rob's disk quota ...
    Pete

4. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    The about a**holes and opinions is that everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

5. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Allan,
    U live on Maui?
    I go to Maui every year... was there in Aug and Dec. Hmmmm could have met up.
    Will be there again sometime this year.
    Do u golf?
    Aloha,
    lung

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    No golf, but i'll be here!

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Allan:

I have a 996tt pushing about 650hp, change the tubos, ECu, exhaust, suspension, than add a unichip piggyback, boost goes to 1.2 in a blink of an eye. My mechanics told be when it was done, Make sure you know where its pointed before you step on the gas. You will love it.

8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I guess I will add my two cents to the other topic on this post. I have been a am a member of many different online forums, and yes I agree there are certainly people who I wish would stop posting, but I have found it is better to ignore those that do not interest you. I am new to the Ferrari world though I have bought two 360's and a Maserati coupe in the last year, I am not expert on the brand, and have learned much from being here. I have found that unlike other brands andded mods to Ferraris is not the norm, though I always add my own special things to every car I own. I have read some posts panning the Maserati, I think it is a great car, but I know some of you disagree, and that is certainly your right to do so.

If I had to make note of what seems to be a trend it would be the repeat topics such as F1 vs gearshift which never seems to die. If Alan disagrees with me and think a Lambo has better driver feedback, hey thats fine with me, it is not going to change my opinion. After all this is a Ferrari board, I would think most of the people here are going to be pro Ferrari. Me, I am a carnut, that means I try and keep an open mind, I'll say this the new NSX looks like it might be fun to play with, so does the the new M6, M5, the tubo miata, I could go on but I think you get my point

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    It's probably pointles to get X50 package when you do aftermarket - correct?

10. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon

I thought only the GT2 was rear wheel drive.
    (discounting Carrera 2's off course)
    Is the GT3 rwd??

Simon

11. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Yes, it is.

Gary

12. fly

fly Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    PSk, must be an Aussie thing because I totally agree with you. Some of the **** that gets posted on this site is just a waste of time and server space, but saying that, I think if everyone showed just a little bit more respect for other members, this thread would not be necessary… or we could just keep forcing our opinion on everyone else, telling each other how our non F-cars are faster, better or what ever, then the next members F-car and just keep this sort of thread going and waste every ones time. Me, personally, I like Ferraris, but I also like Lamborghinis, Porsches and many more cars, but I am not interested in constantly reading threads letting me know how a Lamborghini or whatever is better than a Ferrari, who cares, this is a Ferrari site, if you think another car is better, I heard it the first time and that was enough. If you have something constructive to contribute, great, if not why waste yours and everyone else’s time? it just causes problems and stirs up **** like this?
    All that said, I don’t think all Alan’s posts (using him as an example, only, as this thread is about him) are a waste of time and I do think he does make some positive contributions.

13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well, i'm flattered, that's for sure... i'm flattered that my name even came up in this thread... Out of all the members on here who, like me, don't own a Ferrari, i'm pretty honored that i was chosen as an example... Thank you. Also, thank you to Darth, Bruce, Wax, et al; i appreciate your kind words...

As far as technical questions are concerned, you're way off base... i've been the chief instructor/advisor for James Glickenhaus' P4 restoration... & whenever Wayne Ausbrooks needs a serial number, who do you think he calls...?[/sarcasm]

As far as Allan goes... Allan isn't the only person here who "goes against the grain", so to speak, when it comes to Ferrari... What about Jim Glickenhaus...? He OWNS J6; the car that spanked Ferrari back when you were just a spermling... If that's not a slap in the Ferrari face, i don't know what is... He supports Ford's new GT; how come people don't get all up on his sh_t...? Is it maybe because he has a rational, sound, RESPECTFUL approach to the situation...? Naaah, couldn't be... He's also never insulted me or put me or "lowly" Sebring down, either...
    Allan, on the other hand, likes to grab a handful of sh_t and throw it around, just for the sake of throwing sh_t around... At times, he's nasty, callous, spiteful, derogatory, immature and mean-spirited (translation: assh0le), so it's really difficult to take his opinions as unbiased or accurate... i have nothing against Allan, he reminds me of me when i was 4, so i know where he's coming from... i'm not sure why you're sticking up for him; he doesn't come across as the type of guy who needs to be stuck up for... From what i understand, he's actually a really cool guy and i have his phone number and will call him one day soon... i'll just never take his opinions on cars seriously 'cause his opinions are biased... Also, i don't see how my opinions are biased... i love Lamborghinis; i have posters, pictures, models- just like i have for Ferrari... i just like Ferraris more... That doesn't make my opinions biased... think about it.

Lastly, my name is Carbon. DES is just a temporary login ID. :)

14. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Wow. This is one crazy thread that I guess I'll throw my two cents into. Basically, the one thing I do agree with Mako on is that Allan should not be banned. Think about all the trolls this board has seen and then take a look at Allan's input/opinion. I feel that when he first arrived here with his strong opinions that Lamborghini is the top car and claims that the Diablo was this and a Ferrari couldn't do that that naturally the "general" Fchat community is going to argue and disagree with alot of things he says. It's human nature to defend what you feel you like more. However it somewhat throws a wrench into the arguements/conversations when you see that he also owns a Ferrari along with the Diablo. It's kind of confusing when you hear him defend some parts of his Ferrari performance or quality. Basically to some it all up the guy is biased to Lamborghini and that's his opinion and he's sticking to it. I have no problem with that and actually respect him to stand there and state his opinion and be able to hold a conversation about statistics and facts. He has a pretty good knowledge of cars in general and specific plus he has a good sense of humor and we definitly need that.

As for my buddy DES, there are several other people on the board here myself included that are not owners that have huge interest in Ferrari's but not the hands on experience. It is frustrating to me sometimes that I do not have a vast knowledge of Ferrari's and I try to learn more everyday but aside from a 4 day trip to New Orleans with DES I have not one bit of hands on experience with a Ferrari. I would love to tell you about how well a 360 Stradle handles or what's the best option for a new exhaust on you 550 (TUBI right?:))but I have no clue other than the opinions of others here on the board. My life as well as DES isn't setup for Ferrari ownership so the only thing nonowners have is passion for them and our fingers crossed that we might own one evntually. I've learned a huge amount and try my best to help out with any information I know but I admit I am far from an expert. However the one thing I know I can throw in every now and then is some humor and light hearted joking the same way DES does. If all you had was experts, I would still come around but feel even more alienated. Off topic is a huge help to keeping a laid back fun environment to chat with people here about just general things and get to know each other away from the cars. When you get down to it Ferrarichat isn't just about Ferrari. It's about connecting car enthusiast together to talk about anything (as long as you post in the proper section:)). Have a good day everyone.

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well said, Matt... By the way, it snowed here last night; thought you'd like that... :)

By reading Matt's post, i'm also struck with another comment i must make... Not necessarily towards Allan, either, but rather in general... Taking into consideration that Wayne Ausbrooks is a non-owner, i'd take his advice just as quickly as an owner's...

16. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

LMAO! I think thats that best thing I've read from you Allan!! :) :) :)

17. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Carbon, are you on the sauce?

You won't take his opinions on cars because they are biased? Well, what are opinions made up of then? Why do you like Ferrari's more, if it ISN'T bias? LOL!

Sunny

18. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    you must not be using it.

19. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Sunny, think about it... If i like Ferraris more than other cars, but my opinion isn't biased, then what is it...? Seriously, toy with that, see what you come up with; let me know...

Besides, Allan doesn't seem to be biased IN FAVOR OF Lamborghinis, he seems to be biased AGAINST Ferraris; there's another difference...

20. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    I am an allan fan! :)

sometimes throwing s*it around is part of having fun

21. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's correct, I read it in a Alan Henry Formula One book once:

"Mr. Blobby was a Ferrari factory welder."
    (Actually the frames were subbed out by Ferrari)

Also, I think Road and Track, inside a 1964 GTO, "...if you had a kit car welded like this you would say, 'The welder ruined my kit car'." LOL

Actually, it's oxy welding before the days of MIG/TIG. It's pretty common on custom fab pieces of the era.

Funny how Alan is actually well respected in the Lambo world, even as 'Admin' on some internet sites.

NO BRAG, JUST FACT.

22. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agree :), and one thing I am sure we have all been taught or should have been is:

You should not believe everything you read ... thus read and make up your own opinion.

The internet can be pretty borring with out the odd argument. Plus I always prefer to have a discussion with someone that believes in what they are saying, and thus sticks up for his/her opinion ... that ofcourse does not include person insults :)

Pete
    ps: Man I must be bored to even bother posting a reply to this thread ... :(

23. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    That picture is pure comedy...

24. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Im not completely biased against Ferrari. They have some great cars, just not in the last 10 years.

25. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Being a Ferrari owner, I do agree!