Best 348 tires! | FerrariChat

Best 348 tires!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ILMAESTRO, Nov 7, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ILMAESTRO

ILMAESTRO Karting

Dec 29, 2002
    To all 348 owners, what brand and model of tires are you the most satisfied with?

In order of importance:

Handling
    Noise
    Wear
    Cost

Thanks

2. Philippe

Philippe Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Brussels, Belgium
    I have Pirelli PZero Asymetrico on my 348 ts. Very pleased with them except that I only made less than 8.000 km with the rear set ! Philippe

3. FAD2BLK

FAD2BLK Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I went from Pirelli Pzero Asymetrico on my 94' 348 Spider to Bridgestone Potenza S-03's.
    I increased the tire sizes for the front from 215/50/17 to 225/45/17 and the rear 255/45/17to 265/40/17. If I remember correctly this was a 1/2 size increase from OEM; next time I will increase one full size to compensate for the 3/16" loss of tire height; getting in and out of driveways has become even that much more difficult for the Spider.
    Performance seems to have increased; it seems that I can push the envelope more now and have had to re-learn my driving threashold level.
    Cost, was about the same... I paid $164.00 for each front and $203.00 for each back.
    Noise level. I can still hear the engine just fine.... no noticeable difference in tire noise.
    Wear. I have only a couple thousand miles on them and they are holding up just fine...

I purchased my tires from Tirerack.com, had them drop shipped to a local performance tire shop where they were mounted/balanced/installed with a 4-way alignment. The difference from old to new was amazing; it was like a totally different car!

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I can relate my F355 experience.

I am currently getting over 5,000 road miles and 15 track days on a set of S03s. {I only get 5 track days on a set of brake pads, so getting 15 track days on a set of tires is phenomenal} These things grip well even in rain (even on the track in the rain).