carrera GT | FerrariChat

carrera GT

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by bostonmini, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Clearly a ferrari forum, but im sure some people can appreciate other marques just as much. Anyone like? saw some pictures today that made me think twice. used to think it looked like the guy that put it all together took too many different styling elements, but I think a CGT in black is MEAN! Compares how to Enzo and evn Murcielago, as its right in the middle? really, it should compare to the F50 but thats a different story altogether.

2. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Phenominal car......born of a Le Mans winner.

I WANT ONE....more than an Enzo, Murcielago, etc.

3. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Great car - saw one in person - very nice. I would say that this one would be more "practical" / useable than an Enzo. Although, not saying I would prefer it to an Enzo. Great/awesome sound.

4. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    good call, more practical, and realistically, in my view not quite in the same league for that reason. Is it a road car though, the murci definitely is, in fact, as fast is it might be in going around, I dont think its much of a track car due to weight, but, it is a quite comfortable road car, which would you all pick? I think maybe the CGT is the way i found the murcielago to be, far better in real life than pictures.

5. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I think looks and heritage wise I'd take a enzo.If i was going on sound alone I'd take the CGT.Phenominal sounds from that engine.

6. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    heritage? are you driving it or screwing it.

7. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    another;

8. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    one more;

9. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Cool shots with Jerry. I love the CGT. Would take one over an Enzo in a heartbeat.

10. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I think its an awsome car, But I love Porsche. It should compete with the
    Enzo, It has over 600HP and looks great in silver :) Yes Please.

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    new boxster shares the CGT's front end

12. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  13. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I would much rather own a ferrari than I would a porsche is what i was saying.Ferrari is on a whole other level than porsche.If you want a SUV to haul your kids around get a porsche.

14. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I have a nice color shot of that "new boxster" (I doubt it will look that nice in production) on my home PC, I may dig it up later...

15. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    Correct me if im wrong but Porsche has a better racing record than Ferrari, just as much if not more history and performance without the maintance.

16. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I think I would be rougher with the CGT, something I wouldn't do with a Ferrari. By rough I mean making the tach spike to red line on downshifts all of the time and just plain 'ol drifting through every turn. To be really mean I might not let it warm up first either. It just seems so expendable.

17. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    To each his own for driving position, car choice, girls, profession, etc. No one more right or wrong than another. BUT i think it is silly to have some kind of weird loyalty to a car brand. You will find that a lot of ferrari owners also own porsches and vice versa. I myself judge every car on its own merits. I drive the cay i always wanted and i still appreciate well done ferraris. One thing unique to ferrari though is extreme service costs and procedures.

Good ol Jerry gets the first us carrera. So when you see one around nyc say Hellooooooooooo.
    T