Well,Hey there Mr. Big Time TV Star! :) | FerrariChat

Well,Hey there Mr. Big Time TV Star! :)

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,on tonights edition of "Motorsports Unlimited". Our Buddy,Andreas, and his 308 were on the "Motorsports Unlimited" cable access TV show. Touted as the "Longest running. Most watched,most talked about local Cable access TV show". (For over 16 years) Really cool. I taped it only up until after Andreas pulled away. He's the 3rd. guy that they interviewed. And,they had a nice little "Lead In" where they were saying that a Really special car was coming up next,and how everybody loves a Ferrari. Very Cool. Quite a keepsake. Make sure you all,check your local Cable listings,or check out the www.msutv.com website. They show when the show will air in your cable area. Way to go,Andreas!!! :)

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,and to add. Bill was very elated that a Ferrari showed up. He kept talking about how everyone Loves a Ferrari.(I know that we do! :) ) And,he was loving the sound of it,too!

3. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    My congrats to Andreas... I didn't catch the show, so hold on to that tape Frank. I tried the web site but it must be down at this time.
    Dave

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I tried it last night,too,and it was moving really slow,and didn't fully "come in". But,probably because there was alot of traffic on it last night. They've started posting their Web address at the beginning of the show. So,I was thinking that it was just busy at that time. But,it usually works. And,in my viewing area,it shows 3 times a week. So,It will be on in my area,(Oakbrook Terrace) next on Wed.,then again on Friday.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    In Chicago it airs tonight on #19 at 7:30pm.

I guess another feather in the cap for my long term plan of cruise night competition:
    - teddy bear, check
    - scrap book, check
    :)

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,and speaking of Cruise nights. THIS YEAR,we Need to get together and Dazzle some of these cruise nights with a Bunch of Ferrari's all in a row. Either,parked,or,cruising through. I'll tell you. One of the neatest experiences that I had last year,was after the Ferrari's on Oak St. was over. We had a line of about 9 Ferrari's,all in a row,cruising down Michigan Av. at 3:30PM. You never saw so many pointed fingers,(straight out,not up :) ) And,heads turning...There goes one,then another,then another,then another.... It was alot of Fun! :) And,at every other Cruise Night that I cruised through. All we kept hearing, "LOOK!! A FERRARI!!!"

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Let me know whe y'all plan on attending a cruise night. I'll make sure to skip that one...Not being unsocial, I just want to stand a chance in the imports group.

I remember the post Oakstreet mob. I was caught in side street traffic with Ferraris around me. I think Bill was in front and people staring at us.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #8 FerrariFrank1, Jan 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well,this year,I'm going to keep getting that Motorsport newspaper,where they publish all of the Cruise Nights,Local Car Shows,Hooters Shows,etc...And,post them here for everyone. As far as that "Import" class goes... Fahgetaboutit. It's too damn vague. It covers EVERY IMPORT,from EVERY COUNTRY,from EVERY YEAR,of any TYPE,Style,etc... They need to break it down,at least,into year groups. (60's,70's,80's,etc...) Let alone,"European Import",Asian Import". Then,we'd have a better chance. I mean,its just like if they had a "Domestic" class. There is a house at the end of my block thats being rented by a bunch of Asian guys in their 20's. EVERY one of them has a Really Cool,extremely Tricked out,Custom,Modified,Custom Painted SuperTuner Import car. There's at least a half a dozen of them over there at any given time. I've seen 10-12 there in the Summer. Any ONE of those cars could be a Winner at one of these Local Car Shows. But,if you are still bound and determined. I suggest that you attend The "World Of Wheels" Custom Car show thats coming to McCormick Place to see what you need to do when you Show a car. You'll really learn alot. Because,from what I've seen through the years,Presentation has alot to do with it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Trust me, I have learnt some things already. The "equipment" is ready to go. And hey, I'm the only one with an add-on rear wing...

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Although,this guy with the "Panther Pink" 'Cuda may have "over done it" a little! (Yes,thats Frankie amogst the Pink Panthers. :) ) But,do you see that poster board? Just about every Show Car that I've seen has one of those. It describes the car,what it is,engine,etc... There is usually a guy that is at these big car shows that makes those. And sells them.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I just checked,and they have a website for the World of Wheels Custom Car and Bike Show. It's going to be at McCormick Place,Jan.30th.,31st.,and Feb. 1st. You can get $2.00 off the ticket price if you purchase in advance at a Car Quest Auto Parts Store. They are also going to have a Custom Chopper by Jesse James,and one by Orange County Choppers. George Barris,the "King of Customizers" is going to be there. Along with a few other celebs. Check out their site. www.worldofwheels.com Then,click on where it shows the Chicago dates,for more info. and schedule of events. Who knows,maybe even a Custom Ferrari?

12. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Hey, They also have a form you can fill out and enter your own car in it... Did you guys think about that ??? Just hope is doesn't snow before you get your car there.... hahaha...

Hmmmmm???? What a way to start off 2004, did you see some of the prize awards??? Hmmmm?????

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I had an idea once,(Warning: All "purists". Look away!) Of taking a 308 Body,and putting it on a 4 wheel drive chassis. Sitting up high on the chassis,with some big Monster Mudders. And,put a big Huge Engine,with Gobs of Chrome,and a Blower sticking out in Front. With some Zoomies sticking out of the sides. True,a Nightmare in the Ferrari World. But,in the regular World,or,at least,the Custom Show Car World,would probably Win more Trophies than they could handle. Some guy up in,I believe,Minnesota,once did that with a C3 Corvette,and I saw a pic.in a magazine and it actually looked pretty cool.

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Forget the money, just making it to the show would be nice. Thinking about it.

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    World of Wheels is always a fun show. Lots of unbelievable cars and bikes. Sometimes,they have some pretty cool celebrities. Last year they had Vern Troyer,(Mini Me,from Austin Powers) And,Steve Wilkos,(Jerry Springer) This year,George Barris,and former Cub,Andre Dawson. And,a NASCAR Driver,(Terry LaBonte?) Lots of Cool vendors,too.

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Andreas. Did you see,(tape) the show tonite? If not,I can for you. It will air out in my area again on Wed. and Fri.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I did see it last night. Actually I'm very pleased with it. In my memory I thought I wasn't able to put one full sentence together, but in the interview it wasn't like that. It's funny how your mind works. I think it is because I really loved his questions so much, that I got frustrated not being able to answer them for the lack of time. In essence he answers them for you and throws the next one out.

But each question we could ponder for hours:
    - how was the 2003 F1 season and Schumi?
    - isn't Ferrari one of the most copied cars around?
    etc.

Clearly all subjects I care enough to give a long winded answer. But I guess that wasn't the point of the show. Oh, and did I mention, that the car looks great in it?

PS: What's the deal with the blonde? Is she a cardboard, made out of Bondo or actually alive?

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Yes,that Blonde. She sits so still,with her hands folded just like that every week. It's hilarious!! I like when he has Luda K. on. She's got a good sense of humor,and struggles with the English language alittle. And,Bill is always asking her tech. questions,and she's like,"I don't know!" Or."Bee-ill! Need Help!"

19. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That is too cool - Congrats Andreas! Would love to see that. :)