First Look - Chicago auto show | FerrariChat

First Look - Chicago auto show

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by spike308, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Anyone going to the First Look on 2/5 at the auto show?
    I've always wanted to do it, and this is the year.
    Any thoughts from those who have gone in the past?
    thanks

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Would love to, but how do you get those tickets?

On a related issue: Does anybody have a "link" to the Ferrari booth? Would be nice to actually go "on stage" and look at the cars up close.

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Check with any Car dealer,they might know. Or,Try The Chicago Automobile Trade Association. They sponsor the Auto Show. There's an office right here in Oakbrook Terrace,on Butterfield Rd. Or can call McCormick Place. Or,is there a Chicago Auto Show Website? I know that the Tix are usually $150.00.,and Black Tie is Required. A far as the Ferrari Booth. In the past,the Exotics that were there are from Fox Valley Motors,(Lambo's,Lotus) or either Continental,or,LFSC. (Ferrari,Aston Martin). I just told them that I owned a Ferrari,and was a member of the FCA,and they let me in to see the cars up close.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. I checked it out,and there is a Chicago Auto Show Website; www.chicagoautoshow.com You can even purchase tix online. And,they went up this year. Now are $175.00 each,and you have until Feb.2nd to purchase. And,according to the website,the 612 Scaglietti is supposed to be there. And,a Gallardo.

5. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    If Ferrari is gioing to be there this year (in the past they've skipped a few years) the exhibit will be "manned" partially by folks from Continental or LFSC. If you want to get past the barrier, find out when someone you know from either of these places will be there and let them know you're coming in at that time. With advance notice I'm sure they'll let you past the velvet ropes.

On a related topic- I went in to the new LFSC on Saturday, wow, is that place big!! The show room very large and the service area must be 4 to 5 times bigger than their old place on Western. Each mechanic has 6 service bays to work in. If you really want to look at Ferrari's this is better than going to the auto show- F-40, F50, Enzo, and the list goes on! Go the the auto show for the concept cars, if that what gets you excited.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, I won't pay $ 175 for my first look at the Scaglietti. Which is really all I want to see. So I guess I'll go there with the rest of the folks.

Thanks for the tip Norm. I'll call Continental. Maybe they let me in past the ropes.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You know,I usually go during the week,like on a Thursday,and right when they open up at 9AM. And,it's not that bad. By then,alot have already went,and it's during the Week. Like I said. I've been going since 1970. EVERY YEAR. I remember when they had all of those really Cool Mopars in the Crazy colors-Brand new.(Chargers,Challengers,'Cuda's,Roadrunners. In SubLime,Go Mango Orange,Panther Pink,Plum Crazy Purple.) Corvette's. Prices for these new cars in the $3-$5000.00 Range. Except the 'Vettes. Up towards $7,000.00! Unheard of! :) And,during the drab,boring 80's,when everything was square,and Silver or Gray. (Except Ferrari's) And,if you want to go in to see the Ferrari's,all you have to do is ask them. Thats all I ever have done. Bring your FCA card,too,just in case.