Monthly Breakfast in OC | FerrariChat

Monthly Breakfast in OC

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bmyth-FDC, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

When should we have our monthly OC breakfast?

1. First Saturday of every month

2. Last Saturday of every month

3. First Sunday of every month

4. Last Sunday of every month

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hey everyone,
    With all the interest in getting together on a regular basis, I thought I would start a new thread to generate some ideas for a monthly breakfast.

We can certainly do this in LA as well, but for the time being, there seems to be some great interest in OC....go OC!! :)

I propose we get together on a sat or sun once a month for breakfast... there have been a few locations proposed... perhaps we can take a quick poll:

What day?
    1) Saturday
    2) Sunday

What time?
    1) 7AM
    2) 8AM
    3) 9AM

What location?
    1) Crystal Cove
    2) The MacArthur promenade area (where macarthur meets PCH)
    3) Irvine Spectrum
    4) Other ideas???

When?
    1) First weekend of the month?
    2) Last weekend of the month?

We can meet up for breakfast... if it's on sat, we should probably meet up at 9am so that those that want to go to CC can do so... if it's on sunday, we might think about meeting up earlier so that if we want to do a drive afterwards, there will be less traffic on the roads.

Any thoughts?
    Byron

2. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Are most of the group leaning towards breakfast or morning get togethers?

The best way to introduce people into car culture is not prodding them to get up early in the morning, especially if there's lil ones involved. The later it is the more success I think we're going to have if it does end up being breakfast.

It will compete with Crystal Cove at some point if its Sat. Some will want to do both. Not me, but those who focus on GTO (Gas, Tires, Oil) might.

A few of us are anti-morning, come on, you know who you are, show yourselves! ;)

Sunny

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I vote 1 Sunday morning a month for a rather large Fchat get together for breakfast. Any more than once a month and I think people might get bored with it and it wont seem as fun or special. That way people like me can still do Crystal Cove too...

My choice in the poll was for the last Sunday every month.

4. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    No mornings for me, I can barely get up before 9am Mon-Fri :( Weekend mornings are for the kids.

Adam

5. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Gotcha! ;) but the occasional drive through malibu canyons will still work for ya, right? btw, happy new year, adam!

B.

6. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    You are right :) You can still come have a ride in the T-rex anytime you are in the valley. How is life on S.Cal working out?

adam

7. klfpaul

klfpaul Karting

Apr 7, 2003
    Murrieta, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Paul
    I really like this Idea!

I would say Sundays, 8 or 9am, and a short drive for those that want to afterwards. I lean towards "later is better" since whether it is in LA or OC it is 1-1/2hr to 2hr drive for me.

-Kevin

8. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    If we do Sundays...How about the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Nigel
    great Brunch ? just another location idea.

9. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Why not do Sunday lunch at Haus of Pizza while watching an F1 race? First 2 pitchers of beer are on me.....

Rick

10. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I prefer Sunday, 9:30 am, WLA or Santa Monica, follow with a run.

11. klfpaul

klfpaul Karting

Apr 7, 2003
    Murrieta, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Paul
    Oh yes, I almost forgot about F1..... Depending on what day is chosen that could have an effect on turnout (me at least, but no big deal!).

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Hey Rick,

I like that idea! Can you throw in a few Paul Mitchell chicks with that?

Scott

13. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm up for breakfast and drive immediately following CC.

Otherise lunch at Haus of pizza sounds good too.

Dom

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I'm easy, I'm up for whatever is decided. I must say my wife enjoys hanging out with you all & the social aspect more than just the same ol' thing at CC.

I'm surpirsed you said that Rick. :)

15. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Now THATS a great idea Rick!! Count me in! Do you have a big screen TV to watch teh races on?

16. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I like the first Sunday of every month. It's easier to remember. 8 or 9:00 is fine. O.C. and L.A. Where ever. (I prefer O.C. but we gotta be fair!).

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I voted for the last Sunday of each month - Mainly because I play in a poker game the first Saturday of each month & I am out partying like a rock star & get to bed at 4 am.

18. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Only reason I voted for the last sunday is because we would get to hold one in a couple of weeks :)

19. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Let's just do it at my house. I've got parking, I'll put on an apron, and serve coffee and breakfast :D

20. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003

Scott,
    They are usually closed on Sunday. This means we can have the whole parking row against the street to ourselves. I was thinking I could record the race Sunday mornings then bring a VCR down there and show it on our T.V.'s. Without comercials it shouldn't last more than an hour and a half. 2 hours with the preshow. We open at 11:30. That shouldn't take up the whole day. It would be nice to do this at someones house, but then they have the burdon of supplying food and drinks and cleaning up after us.

Rick

21. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Brian,
    Anytime you want to have "Movie Night" at your house, count me in!!

Rick

22. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian

Tell you what, we'll plan one in early-mid February. Ferrari's won't be required to attend either (if at night). This weekend busy, next is Superbowl, following is bad too. But we'll do it soon!

23. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Cool - Count me in. :)

That was a great room.

24. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    There is a GOD! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

As some of you know, I only live about 10 miles from CC but when I get up early to go on a Saturday morning the rest of the day is shot. I get up weekdays at 5:45 for work and when Saturday comes I just can't do it. It might have to do with a sleeping disorder I have, a wife that snores!

Really guys, a later time would allow those that want to go to CC first can, then hook up with us later. And how about the guys from the North and South of us? We might be able to attract/meet more.

I'm for the last Sunday at 9:00am for coffee and breakfast And for those that have nothing else to do, can then go to Rick's Hous of Pizza and eat some more, (pee) and watch the race. Man can it get any better?

25. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    We miss you Lou! :)

My wife is always looking for you & gets this big smile when she reads your posts. :)