Is this anyone here? | FerrariChat

Is this anyone here?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by lotustt, Jan 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    #1 lotustt, Jan 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Can't help you with ID'ing the owner in the picture but that's Bridgehampton's paddock and main straight for sure.

Looks like a Porsche behind the F40 but it doesn't look like a Porsche or Ferrari Club of America meet. When was the shot taken?

Andy

3. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    can you possibly post a smaller pic? :)

there was 1 f-40 owner who replied in the post your car thread in here, might be him

4. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Yes its definitley Bridgehampton race circuit and out near the main straight and paddock. I was trying to dig up some old info and pics of the circuit. And no I cant post any smaller or larger thats the size of the pic as I found it. So was just wondering if it was anyone here.

5. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Have you been out there lately? The last time I was there it was two years ago. The golf course :( was in place but turns 1 through 4 were intact. There was a huge pile of asphalt chips on the Millstone Straight from the other areas of track that were pulled up and pulverized. What a sad sight.
    Andy

6. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Isnt the main entrance closed off now? How did you get in? It is very sad such a great track praised by many is now gone. Havent heard lately if there is still any resistance to the golf course and the chemicals needed and there water supply.

7. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Yes, there still is a "resistance group" led by Guy Frost. You might know him, as he has been nearly as legendary at fighting for the Bridge as the track itself.

When I went out there, I followed the road past the main entrance. Approx a 1/4 mile down, the road turns left. On the right side of the road is the gate that was used to let tractor trailers into and out of the property (trucks were always too heavy to go over the bridge and through the main gate). If you can get in (I trespassed) the track is maybe 100 feet away and you are directly behind the flag station at turn four.

I don't know if that gate is still there but if you find your way out east, you might want to take a peek.

Andy