Bad Boys II: Did anyone catch this Ferrari flub?? | FerrariChat

Bad Boys II: Did anyone catch this Ferrari flub??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by billh, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. billh

billh Karting

May 2, 2002
    central mass
    Full Name:
    Bill Henderson
    I just saw the movie Bad Boys II last night over a friends house and was looking forward to the Ferrari chase seen.

It lost all credibility when I noticed the sounds dubbed in were from a 355....

totally bummed me out and it wasnt believable from there. However, after the chase seen, the sound was from a v12 when they were tooling around slowly.

Bill

2. billh

billh Karting

May 2, 2002
    central mass
    Full Name:
    Bill Henderson
    sorry....its SCENE not seen. der.

3. tacoz4sale

tacoz4sale Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    I saw another scene big time. at the beginning when will smith drives the 575 maranello...then later on on the freeway chase...he is driving a 550 maranello!....go watch it if you are skeptical bout it....

4. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    I heard that 2 weeks prior to shooting the car scenes, they still didn't know what type of car they were going to use, so the director said use the 550/575 cause he owns one.
    They may have had trouble getting enough 575's. Well spotted by the way, I didn't notice.

5. prova

prova Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Gonzo
  6. trentes

trentes Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    i thought exactly the same thing dude when he drives slowly it sounds like a 575 but when he guns it it sounds like a 355

7. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    i remember someone bringing this up before. i did a little search but couldn't find the thread, it must have been on the old board. anyway, the the 550 they used was the directors and after ferrari heard about it they gave them the 575. which is why there really are two different cars there. i can't remember if there was any mention of the sound of the car though.

i did hear that martin lawrence dented the 550 off screen though.

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Let me get this straight: The sound dubbing (routinely done for all kinds of things, especially weapons) made it incredible to you? The fact that they're dumping cars onto the highway, shoot gazillions of rounds without ever hitting the Ferrari and crashing all over the place with the Ferrari not getting mangled up once wasn't the problem?

Ahem, it's a movie, hello!

9. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Andreas,

My thoughts also........LOL!

10. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    I noticed this also when my son and I were watching it
    the other night.
    I wonder if the director used his 550 so he could right
    it off as an expense for the movie?

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The story I heard was, that it was supposed to be a P car (like in the first Bad Boys film), but Porsche didn't deliver the cars on time. So the director decided to use his own Ferrari in stead to get going with the shoot. They asked then FNA and promptly a couple days later were presented with matching color 575. That's why both cars are used.

12. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Also did anyone catch, that the cars had two different color brake calipers. ie: two different cars. These guys really need to get their sh*t together. When they are advertising a movie with these types of cars they must know that car guys will watch the movie and pick out any irregularity they can find.

Wade