A really stupid thing I did. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A really stupid thing I did.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Bart, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smsmd

smsmd Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Steven Scates MD
    I used to have a Lotus Europa in college. Once it started making this loud noise from the back when going around corners. A friend and I took it up to Highway 49 in California and started looking for the source. Couldn't find it, so we took out the trunk basket and he climbed inside the engine compartment while I threw it through some corners. He found a suspension part that was the problem, but Highway Patrol found us with him hiding in the engine compartment at 60mph.
    He yelled at us and told us we were idiots. He asked where the car was made and I said "England." He had owned a sprite and said it was nothing but trouble, so he let us go with a warning. On the way home, the left rear wheel fell off the car.

2. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Priceless!!! ( kinda sounds like Laurel & Hardy )

3. Quasimotor

Quasimotor Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    I'm 48 and still good friends with my high school English teacher and her husband, a Princeton grad. I drive to meet them at Princeton for lunch, parking in a faculty lot. Come back three hours later to see the keys in the car and the motor running.

Not to be outdone, two years later I park my NYP licensed minivan in midtown Manhattan to take my Dad for a medical checkup. Yep, you guessed it, came back an hour later to see the car still running, keys inside, locks un-locked and NOBODY paying it any attention. A number of years back, cops would park a car with keys in it to catch car thieves. I imagine they thought NYP meant NY Police (it's PRESS).

And my English teacher remarks, without the slightest pause, "You always were absent minded, George."

4. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Does anyone own a Ferrari with a working hand brake?

Ken

5. marcos

marcos Formula 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Zuid-Holland - Nethe
    Full Name:
    Marc den D.
    Wel Bart,

At least you can only blame yourself... ...my Fiat (I can't affort a Fer) is only one year old now. I found it three weeks ago... ...a grey BMW crashed it and drove away! Luckely somebody saw the accident and wrote down his licence plate... ...but when my car was a month old it was hit by a truck! When I saw the damage the truck was long gone leaving my car with structural damage!!! I'm still recovering from the repair costs...

Keep a better eye on your handbrake next time!?

Ciao,
    Marc

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    No, actually there's not a working Ferrari handbrake in the whole world.

My neighbors told me one Saturday morning that when mine was in the street, they couldn't wake me up and they had to push it back into my driveway.

I was so embarrassed I moved away.

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There was a time three kids got into it when it was displayed.

They put it in neutral and were rolling off down the Children's Museum sidewalk when the Dad saw 'em. He also tried to stop it by pushing on the front bumper, but was having a hard time!

I'll never forget the look on his face.

Me: "Off you go lads, that's a good boy!" LOL