One messed up Ferrari....GTO Spyder??? | FerrariChat

One messed up Ferrari....GTO Spyder???

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Moby Dick, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Moby Dick

Moby Dick Rookie

Jan 12, 2004
    Hi, everybody....

Just found this totally ruined Ferrari. It is actually a perfectly good 250 GTE that is really messed up. 250 GTO Spyder.... yeah, thats a good laugh...:D There was never made any...

Btw, it's made by Von Genaddi Design or whatever...

Ferrari 250GTE

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    its a shame they did that to such a nice car but it actually looks pretty good like that.Id imagine itd be nice crusing around SoCal in that thing.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I predict a future industry will spring up, in 20 years or so.

Converting various goofy replicars into......250GTEs!

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks

This car has been the topic of discussion here several times. It is s/n 3919GT.

More details in this thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/messages/251280/233988.html

5. Moby Dick

Moby Dick Rookie

Jan 12, 2004
    I think it looks kind of stupid, the wheel-arches in the back is to high compared to the real thing. Also having the Scuderia sign on the side, and actually calling it a 250 GTO Spyder, simply because there was never made one. The nearest thing Ferrari made as a open racing car was the 330TR (Testa Rossa). And you see, all the GTO cars from Ferrari are homologated race-cars. That is why they have the "O" for "Omologato". So infact, it is a falsification of the history of the car.
    But of course, they could have opted for the pick-up version. And then called it a 250 GTO Pick-up....:D

6. Dave330gtc

Dave330gtc Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2002
    NW Indiana
    Full Name:
    David Smith
    I am not a fan of replicas but the cars that Mark rebodied are really beautiful. I think there is nothing wrong with this car and it would be great to own. I have seen the yellow one in person and it is awesome.

7. rennen

rennen Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    New York
    Is that Frank Beard's car?

8. joeyy

joeyy Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    long island
    Full Name:
    joe
    looks like a jag on steroids.

9. Moby Dick

Moby Dick Rookie

Jan 12, 2004
    Yes, a replica doesn't have to be ugly. But this car is not a replica, because a replica is a contemporary copy of a car that has existed. This car is a whole new creation. In my opinion you cannot put Ferrari badges on it, that is almost like putting Ferrari badges on a Volvo. You can of course call it a Von Genaddi Spyder, or something like that. Even if it's based on a Ferrari chassis with the engine.

The only way to own a 250GTO is to crank up any other car you might have, and then head for the bank and the nearest Sotheby's or Christies auction house and wait in line.......;)

10. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks