Jordan, I saw it! Love at first sight... | FerrariChat

Jordan, I saw it! Love at first sight...

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by JaguarXJ6, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Ron Shirley, two of my best friends and car nuts, went to the LA Auto Show today. Great show.

But, I saw it! Not only that, I sat in it, and it was love at first sight...

This car speaks to me. Oh my god, I want it.

Sorry for the poor image quality, I'm working with Microsoft Photo Editor that comes with Windows and it sucks. Better quality pics of the show to come tomorrow night once I'm at home. For now, these two teaser shots, I can't get it out of my head...

1. Ron Shirley browsing the specs and I'm talking with the Maser sales rep in the background regarding the car.

2. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    2. I didn't want to leave this spot. When I sat in the driver's seat, I knew, this car is going to be mine! I was smiling and laughing, but the look on my face is dead serious and I was completely taken aback at how much this car stirs my blood!

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Good job Sunny! THAT is your kind of car! Good news is, I think it will be a flop and in 5 years you will be able ot pick them up for cheap! Id love to see you driving one of those. Imagine how fast you will be at the Ferrari events in that thing!

It is a beautiful car isnt it? I loved it since I saw one driving around Irvine a month or two ago.

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I strongly agree with that statement!

5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Just look at the original Quattroportes now! I could get one for 5k...I wouldnt though...they are ugly :)

6. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    Sunny,

I agree with you, I think it is a great car, and if I ever decide to buy a car with more than 2 doors, that will be the one.

Jordon, I disagree with you. I think there is a great market for a competitor for the BMW 7 or MBZ S, that is in the same Price range, quality, performance, and size, and with a somewhat limited production so you will not see one on every corner.

I think the reason you can buy an old Quatro so cheap is simple. It is a piece of junk!. I guess we will have to see the build quality of the new ones.

Adam

7. Z06Kal

Z06Kal Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    That is one nice looking Saloon. But you know Sunny I was thinking that the new Lotus Elise would be a great car for you.

1) It is rare which makes it somewhat exotic.

2) It looks awesome (my opinon)

3) It handles incredible which makes it awesome for canyon drives (which you love doing)

4) It is still economical (just a 1.8L 4 banger)

5) It is reliable (powered by Toyota)

6) It is affordable (40g's)

Throw on a TRD supercharger and the power to weight is just SICKish.

So why arn't you signing up for a Elise :).

8. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    The Elise will come first. What do I do with the '97? I won't know that until my income is freed up from helping out my dad and paying 50% of the rent in Burbank while my buddy is still strapped and looking for work. Once this extra money starts coming back to me, the options will be wide open.

Sunny

9. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    The Elise is a great car! Id love to see you in both. With regards to your current car, I wish I could buy it off of you when you sold it...but Im trying to save up as much as possible incase Elden sells his GT4 any time soon. My goal is to end this year with $10k of spare money to save for something like that.