308 GT4 | FerrariChat

308 GT4

Discussion in '308/328' started by Inter911, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Inter911

Inter911 Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    What do you folks think of this being offered for the second time on Ebay?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2453891124&indexURL=5#ebayphotohosting

Before I even get serious about this...is not the window and windshield trim supposed to be chrome on these cars? Does the rear spoiler detract from this one? Can I notice an unusual gap in the front hood (bent?) to fender just rear or the passenger side headlight?

Any advice or if any knows this car I'd appreciate hearing from them.

Thanks..

Brian

2. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Looks promising although I'd get a PPI and see about those Webers. You may be looking at big bucks if it needs more than a tune up.

Ken

3. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    Wouldn't buy it, questionable restore work on the front hood vs. front headlight bucket. Overspray on rear quarter window gasket, must have done a bare metal strip with the frigging windows on. Sounds like a crappy job. F-nameplate on rear bumper looks ridiculous as well as the rear wing and the brightwork has all been altered. Carpet and interior do not indicate 45K worth of miles. My 75 interior looks far better with 72K on the clock. Eastern cold climate vehicle location isn't such a good thing either. Pictures on engine compartment indicated original coils and shocks. A 76 will need an immediate rebuild of the entire suspension. Big bucks for that. Ask me how I know and did it myself to boot.

4. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I have bought and sold my fair share of cars. A rule I live by when buying a car I'm going to keep for awhile is "If a car needs mechanical work and the cost of said work plus the purchase price of the car will total {or come close to totaling} the same year and model of another car that is in fine shape, you must buy the car that is fine shape."
    This car has too many question marks for me to buy. I would save a little more money then go after a car worth alittle more which has a cleaner history. IMHO

5. Inter911

Inter911 Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Thanks...I'd have to agree but wanted to be sure I was not being too cautious. Probably why it remains unsold.

6. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Zero bids means zero interest. There is always a reason.

7. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    The two side mirrors dont match as well :)

8. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    ive been looking, i saw it and passed on it , way too many questions on that one. PPI, personal, up close inspection of car, AND ALL RECIEPTS, ..... maybe if it was 10k or so. there are others to choose from. choose wisely :eek:)