If Ferrari Made the Murci and Lambo made the Maranello... | FerrariChat

If Ferrari Made the Murci and Lambo made the Maranello...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by aventino, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    At a dealer who had a nice 512TR available and 4 times as many traded and new 550/575's as 360's sitting in the showroom. He made the comment that he felt the 512 hadn't really been replaced and I wondered if Ferrari had come out with the Murci and Lambo had gone from Diablo to Maranello and said "this is the direction we think our customers want to go" how would the sales figures for the cars be? His potential Maranello customers now look at the new Aston, CL65, M6 and Bentley so while the Maranello may appeal to a larger audience there is also a lot more competition in the sector.

Ferrari business plan would make an interesting thesis.

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Surely they will eventually 'get it' and make what actually sells.

Pete

3. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    I dunno, I think the 612 is poaching even more on Maranello territory

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    If Ferrari made the Murci, id be wanting a Ferrari now.

5. Jason

Jason Karting

Dec 1, 2001
    It's the downside of capped production at ~4000 units. Ferrari knows they can fill their annual quota with the current 2 GT and 1 Sports Car lineup strategy. While the upside to limited production for owners is better quality and exclusivity, the downside is lack of drive to sell as many cars as possible, i.e. build more of the most popular config (sports cars) instead of GT's.