Crystal Cove - Jan 17th - F Chatter Visit | FerrariChat

Crystal Cove - Jan 17th - F Chatter Visit

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Chiaro_Slag, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hey all, Augustine (Azurro 328) is coming down to LA the weekend of Jan 17th - Maybe we can have a nice Crystal Cove gathering to welcome him? :)

2. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Jerry,
    Sounds like a lot of fun... I would love to meet him as well... but unfortunately, I will be away that weekend at Buttonwillow Raceway! I know that a few other F-Chatters will be gone that day as well...

Byron

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Byron - You need to stay home more! :)

Hopefully some others can make it.

4. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Jerry,

I was just surfing along the SoCal forum and I noticed this thread dedicated to me. Very nice! I am sure I will have a great time out there. I am freezing in NJ right now as it is 13 degrees. Brrrrrrrr! Anyway, thanks for setting the groundwork. I'll definitely be in touch this week. And I hope to be able to meet a few of the F-Chat crew while I'm out there. Stick around!!! :)

-Augustine

5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Augustine, your going to have a BLAST out here. Todays show was the greatest turnout ever! Pictures coming soon. Check back!

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hey Aug-

I'm really hoping there is as good as turn out as there was today for you next week. It should be lots of fun - Cya soon!

7. jlm348

jlm348 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Scottsdale + LA
    Full Name:
    Jean-Louis
    I think that I might attend for the first time this weekend.
    Hope I wills ee a lot of familiar faces.

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice - Glad to see your 348 again. :)

9. Dino

Dino Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    San Diego
    How do I get to CC from San Diego? 405 north to Jamboree West and....?? I'm going to bring my 355 and check it out for the first time.

10. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    If your coming from the South, Jamboree might take you a little bit out of your way...thats a good exit for the guys up north.

I would try coming up the 405N to the 133S. After snaking around that canyon for a while, take a right on PCH and CC will be on the right side about 5 miles up. Cant miss it!

JL, should be great to see you!

11. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Jerry,

I just logged onto your homepage and I was pleasantly surprised to see that a small section of it was dedicated to my car. That's awesome! I took a few new shots yesterday and I'll email them to you. Incidentally, I was checking through the original owner's documents for my car recently and I noticed that it was not only purchased new in CA but it was actually registered in Irvine! So even though I'll be a guest in that area this weekend, my car was a "local" there for many years. :) I'll talk to you soon!

-Augustine

12. John

John Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    Torrance, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'll come could you give me directions from Torrance and provide an address. My name is Brigitte. Thanks. You can email me back at [email protected] See Ya hopefully!

13. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Damn - The blue beauty was in Irvine & I missed out on it? :)

That is an FTP site - I save all the pics that I like there.

14. jlm348

jlm348 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Scottsdale + LA
    Full Name:
    Jean-Louis
    Alright can anyone recap the plan.
    Jordan you seem like the resident expert.
    Where do I go and at what time?
    Who is comming?
    What familiar faces and what new faces will I see?
    Looking foward to meeting everyone on Saturday.
    JLM
    FERRARI DRIVING CLUB

15. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Ok JL, you will probably want to meet some of us in Irvine and join in on the little caravan to the show. The meeting spot in Irvine is just on the corner of Alton and Jeffrey (literally right next to Byrons house). Incase you dont remember how to get there, just take the 405S, exit on Jeffrey and turn left. One of the first lights after that will be Alton, take a right on Alton, and take the first left (before the light) right into the parking lot. We will be right there in front of the Coffee Bean and the Gas Station. We will meet in Irvine at 6:20 and depart at 6:30.

If you depart a bit late and dont think youll make the Irvine meeting point, just give me a call on my cell phone at 949-633-6394 and I can give you alternate directions.

On our little caravan to CC we will take Jeffrey to the 405S, and from the 405S take the 133S (Laguna Canyon) until we reach PCH. Make a right on PCH and cruise up about 5 miles...CC will be on the right hand side.

As far as who is coming, there should be a few faces you know and Ill make sure you meet everybody else. Of course the person to meet this weekend will be Augustine from NJ :)

After the show ends (around 9-9:30ish) the plans are kind of up in the air but a group breakfast is usually the popular idea.

16. jlm348

jlm348 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Scottsdale + LA
    Full Name:
    Jean-Louis
    Thanks Jordan it will be great to see you again.
    I am actually going to be coming down with a buddy of mine out of Huntington Beach. So we might just take PCH all the way down. I'll ask him and let you know

17. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Sure, if your picking him up there, just take PCH all the way down...much easier. See you Saturday!

18. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    I can't stand it any longer! There's way too much going on Saturday morning at CC! I'll get my sorry ass out of bed and meet you guys there. Especially our visitor from New Jersey. After all, I spent the first 30 years of my life there!

Don't save me a spot, I'll be driving my awesome Honda CRV! I park it anywhere. (It's a company car!)

Look forward to seeing you guys again. Hooray!

19. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice! Cya there Lou!

20. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Goodmorning all!

I am finally here. I was able to jump on an earlier flight because of the snowstorm in Philly and I arrived last night. It turns out that my friend's apt. is right down the street from Black on Black and Symbolic, which was certainly a welcoming sight! I'm looking forward to meeting the gang while I'm out here.

Jerry,

I'll call you soon and we'll set it up. See you guys soon!

-Augustine

21. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Aug -

Glad you had a safe trip here. :)

If you are by Black on Black on La Cienega, The Ferrari dealer and Lamborghini dealer are a few miles up on La Cienega - I think the Symbolic place is closed now. :(

Out of all those dealerships, the only one I have been to is the Lamborghini dealer! Go figure.

22. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I promise I will make it there on saturday

I have been gaining couch weight and need to ride, bad knee or not. I'll be wearing a West Point Alumnus jersey, or if my dad feels up to it we'll take the Vette Pacecar and I'll be strutting in my black Paramount Studio jacket.

So now you know what I will look like, step up and say hi guys!

23. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Great Tim, find me! Im looking forward to meeting you.

24. jlm348

jlm348 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Scottsdale + LA
    Full Name:
    Jean-Louis
    I will be there around 7ams. Can't wait.
    Hope to see all of you.
    Any recomendations as to where to park for the first time?

25. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Jordan - My wife has a wedding shower to go to tomorrow - You want to ride up with me from the Coffee Bean?