Can some that went to New Orleans concours | FerrariChat

Can some that went to New Orleans concours

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Edward 96GTS, Nov 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    please post pics of Daytonas' at the show?
    TIA

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Sorry Edward, I looked but don't have anything clear of the Daytonas. Try DES or the Saia's (LJ or SS).

3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Ryalex,
    Thanks for checking.
    Ed

4. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    #4 Tifosi1, Nov 6, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Mr Barkdale's

6. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    And Another one

7. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    Heres one from the Friday Roadcourse Day

8. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    Another try dont know why it didnt work

9. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    and another

10. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Chip,
    Thanks God, i'm not the only one having trouble posting pictures.

11. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    Kelly,
    when I changed the image size in photoshop down to 640 like on the old board, I saved it at too big a file size thats why it was messing up.

12. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    I checked both of mine, they are both under 200k. I don't think they up loaded.
    Kelly

13. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    One of those drove all the way across country correct?

14. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    The yellow car drove to new orleans all the way from San Diego, in a Broke Yates immitation of the cannonball run.

The police finally caught him outside of Louisiana. The police had get an airplane to chase him down. No kidding!!

15. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah, the gentleman who brought the yellow Daytona drove it from CA.

No problems until the road rally Sunday morning, when something on the car failed and I think he either had to push start it or tow it to the hotel - Kelly, did you hear what happened? It was unfortunate, I hope it's running well now.

16. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Hey John, you need to get a pic of your FFQC-Mobile on the track as your profile pic.

17. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Well, thats not exactly it. We idled for 20 minutes on Bourbon street, then went two blocks and stopped again. Since the car was starting to heat up, I shut it off while we waited. The battery was drained by the previous idling so it wouldnt start, pushed by my pasenger maggie and gary Bobileff from the trailing car. No problem with the car, just driver brain fade.It drove to lunch just fine after the restart.
    After the lunch I drove it to Atlanta, then home to San Diego.That seemed to charge the battery.5200 miles total, 400 gallons of gas, four quarts of oil and the only failure was a speedo cable.Of course about three pounds of bugs were on the nose, I showed it that way at the Concorso. It got a gold, would have been Platinum if I had a tool kit.

18. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    I replied but it posted somewhere else, sorry but I am not up to speed with the new site.

19. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    #19 malcolmb, Nov 7, 2003
    OK, I will trry this again. During the drive to the Garden district we spent a long time idling , then went two blocks and stopped again, so I shut it off to keep it from overheatring. Of course, the battery was drained by the idling[Daytona doesnt charge at idle] so it wouldnt restart. My passenger Maggie and Gary bobileff gave me a push and it drove to lunch without further 'trouble'. After lunch I drove it to Atlanta, then the next morning through the Smokies and back to San Diego. It used 400 gallons of gas, four quarts of oil to cover 5200 miles. Only caualty was a broken speedo cable, and of course about three pounds of bugs on the nose.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Excellent. I'm glad to hear things worked out. Any other highlights from the cross-country trip (other than the patrol plane)?

21. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    #21 malcolmb, Nov 7, 2003
    OK, third try. If this doesnt work I will write you all a letter. The car was getting hot after the third round of idling so I shut it off. The battery was low because of the long wait so Maggie and gary gave me a push and the car drove fine to lunch.After lunch I drove it to Atlanta and on tuesday home to San Diego. This seemed to charge the battery just fine. The 5200 mile trip used 400 gallons of gas, four quarts of oil and one speedo cable, otherwise no trouble unless you count the death of about three pounds of bugs.Driver brain fade was the problem in the quarter.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Other highlites: If you love to drive the daytona is the penultament road car of the 70's. The heavy steering goes away at highway speeds and it is a very involving car to drive long distance. The V1 spoke several times except in Holbrook arizona where we were timed between two poles by a trooper with a stopwatch? I need to check speedtraps.com next time, otherwise the trip was uneventfull from a legal point of view.
    I have over the years driven across the country many times, if you havent I suggest it as a way to get the picture quickly.If you have wondered where all those full size Fords are sold, try Oklahoma...