Ferrari 365 gtc/4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 365 gtc/4

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by abavai, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I love this car, I am looking pictures of this car of old car magazines.
    I want to read opinions .

2. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    You have nice taste, Abavai. Pictures just don't do this model justice. You have to see the GTC/4 to fully appreciate it. A friend of mine just bought one in Marrone. It's gorgeous and easy to drive with its power everything. It has a standard shift pattern without the gated shifter, a very plush interior and 320 HP and is, I feel, undervalued for a front-engine V12.

Barry

3. RNOODLE

RNOODLE Rookie

Dec 11, 2003
    Saratoga, California
    Full Name:
    Frank Richard Noodleman
    I have one (see photos). It is an under-rated and undervalued car. The carbureted V-12 has a better sound than the 99 550 Maranello with Tubi that I owned. It has easy steering and comes alive above 70 MPH. It is not as refined as the "modern" cars but I prefer it - more visceral.

Mine has ~ 7300 miles and is for sale: $65K

4. Davidindallas

Davidindallas Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Very cool links. I wish I could read the road and track article but once you click on it, it gets too blurry :(. I'm impressed that you found all of that. R&T did a portfolio of mid 70s stuff that was pretty neat, but I haven't seen one for before or after.

5. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Cauley Ferrari in Michigan has one for sale right now. It may even be on Ferrariads.com. Also, Forza just did an article about a guy who used his for a track day car. It seems like the general consensus lately is it's a "poor man's Daytona".

6. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    In case someone didn't know...the current Forza (#51) has a story on the C/4. Good read, great pics.

7. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Classic ans sportscar , June 1996

8. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    My favourite colour, silver

9. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
  10. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Beautiful car.

11. jhjvdm

jhjvdm Formula Junior

May 28, 2003
    Abavai,

Here's one of the first official Ferrari pictures

(rare orange color and seat upholstery).

Enjoy!

Joop van der Meer

12. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Super wonderfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANKS THANKS
    I love the retro pictures.

13. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Bedankt, Joop.

What a wild color!! Since GTC, Daytona, and C4 colors were the same, I suppose this is Rosso Dino?

14. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

If I click on a page, I get a fullsize image that's quite readable. I'm using 1024 x 768 resolution.

I have originals of most, not all Ferrari R&T articles and many others back to 1970 and a fair number from the 60s.

15. theboogers

theboogers Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    maryland
    Full Name:
    steve hannon
    i too an interested in these cars. if there are any owners in the baltimore- washington dc area that wouldn't mind, i would like to see and ride in one to try it out. please contact steve h, [email protected]. thanks

16. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    R&T wasn't very enthusiastic when they reviewed it, and they have never been a hit with collectors so they can be had "cheap", at least compared to the Daytona which is very similar. I love the way they look and saw one in the flesh at Fox Valley a couple years ago. The owner had all kinds of business papers strewn about inside and I laughed out loud with delight. It was an obvious daily driver!

Ken

17. Chenrezi

Chenrezi Karting

Feb 10, 2003
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    Ok, I'm a big lover of the 365, but when I started snooping around to check out the market prices in Europe i was amazed...
    You can buy a 456 for the price of a 365...
    I saw the prices in the US and ... WOW!! For the price of a Dino or a 328 (in Europe) you can buy a 365 with low miles on it... So it's only cheap in some places... If you can do go for it! :)
    I have an article on Forza about it plus a load of URLs (as I've said I'm a big fan of it as well) I'll try and post them later when I get home... But if I recall correctly Forza said that the maintenance costs were very high and the car was prone to problems... I'll have to check back on that one!

Cheers

18. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Well, I see 365's at $75k so that's 246 territory here too. I would think any decent 456 is a little higher but I may be wrong. Really nice 328's rarely sell for more than $50k; most are high 30's/low 40's.

Ken

19. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    The Grey 365GTC/4 at the Bonhams Gstaad Auction was absolutely stunning, I cannot believe there is a better one in the world. Think it sold for about £50k which is big money for one but worth every penny. Does anyone have a photo of it?

20. jhjvdm

jhjvdm Formula Junior

May 28, 2003
  21. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    One of my favorites. A local collector in my neighborhood recently purchased a red/black one. I love the mouse hair dash and the interior in general. Interesting in the article that the C sold for more at retail new than the B.

I have heard from a mechanic that service costs are a bit higher since the carbs must be removed to adjust the valves. Probably not a huge deal since valve adjustment is not that frequent. And compared to the service costs on a modern Ferrari, it would still be much less.

Bowzer likes this.
  22. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  23. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    I saw the one up at Cauley. It's black on tan and VERY sharp. When I saw the price, I was REALLY surprised at how affordable it was for a classic V12, front engined, carb car. I would take it over a 328 or 348 (similarly priced) any day.

24. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

$75k US, like the one at Autosport Design, is at the absolute top of the range for a 365 GTC/4. Most are in the $50-65k US.

456 GT and GTA $80k - $110k US

These are asking prices, figure market price is less (10% ??)