Hey PeterS, a new idea(sorta) | FerrariChat

Hey PeterS, a new idea(sorta)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by RacerX_GTO, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
  2. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Gabe..Are you saying that you have a patent in the works for a solution? I read the article. WOW! Those lights are expensive (plus body work). I would think that one could come up with a camera that mounts on the dash that is simply tied in parallel with the car's alarm. The alarm would trigger the dash CAM to take a picture. It could come with a small sticker for the each headlight that reads something like 'These headlights are alarmed and theft protected by BeamEye'...get where I am going with this? One could develop this and do what LowJack did with the insurance companies (lower rate by 1%-2%).

The camera idea would be dirt cheap to do. You would probably spend more to properly package it than the cost of the camera.

3. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    No, nothing in the works patent-wise, but this would be a race to get the patent on a theft deterrent. You always have some cool ideas and I thought if anyone could come up with something, you'd be the guy. Sure enough, you posted a rough draft, which sounds good!

Camera's are sure to be the next phase in auto security. I'm throwing out some more ideas here, but if companies like Brinks, ADT offer 24hr protection on homes, there's a good chance they could cash in on 24hr car watch with a camera system of this sort as an add-on to your current home security plan.

This has to be the next phase!

- Gabe

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Test it on this site - one of the greatest on the 'net. Originality counts for everything, though this particular idea spawned a few more. You'll figure out who I am - but don't tell 'em I sent ya. But lurk first!

Lamp: "Where are you taking me?"
    You: "Your new home. My house."
    Lamp: "No! No! I belong in Bob's house!"
    You: "Oh, don't you know? Bob died."
    Lamp: "You're making it up! Take me back!"
    You: "He did, really."
    Lamp: "OK. Could you take me to his funeral?"
    You: "No!"
    Lamp: "Thief!"
    You: "Oh, all right!"
    Lamp: "Take me to the florist first. I should bring flowers."

5. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I would not patent the idea / design. Just build it and get it in the martket before anyone else does. Look what happened to the guy that invented the intermitent windshield wiper circuit...He got screwed!

6. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #6 TimN88, Jan 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Tim..Your idea is a great one, but how many idiot thieves would rip off your headlisghts when you are sitting in the car? At least the camera would get some great footage of you blasting the guys head off!

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!