FerrariChat.com Software Tips & Tricks here... | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com Software Tips & Tricks here...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Let's start another thread for everyone to list their favorite Tips & Tricks. There might be some you didn't know about and can learn. I'll start...

You can click on the thread listing headings to sort by that column (works same way on Members list)...

Thread Starter Replies Views Last Post

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
  3. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Fill in your profiles. Let's others see your point of reference for your questions and comments (location, car, occupation, interests). Not really a trick, but an unused technique.

Great example - I found out someone lived near me with an identical car. Was able to see aftermarket wheels on his before I bought them and also made a new friend.

Doesn't matter if you have a Ferrari or not.

4. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    I agree with Mule. Let's update our profiles. Like Mule I found someone that happens to live in the same town as I do. And it's also nice to match the model/type car to a name.

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I hate when I take to long to write a response OR I pause in the middle of reading and the "last visited" time updates such that I lose the "goto unread post" down arrow buttons. Soooo....

In my browser which supports tabbed browsing (Safari), I've set up a toolbar button called "Fchat" that when I click it, it loads the thread list for each of the forums that I like to read regularly each into a separate tab. They all have the arrows for the same point in time. Then I can leisurely work through those... as long as I don't update the thread listings, I have my nifty goto-unread buttons.

6. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    I don't have a tip, but I do have a question. How do I put smiley faces in my replies? I see the little buggers up there, and I press on the button, but they don't show up in my posts.

7. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Bill, type a : then a ( or ) depending on if you're happy or sad. That will get you a smiley in the body of your post. If you click on the face as you're typing your reply, the smiley will go in the header. :)

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  9. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    I really should know how to do this, but I don't, so I am going to ask. How do you post a link without having the address showing? For example, I want to post a link to google, but I don't want www.google.com to show, I just want it to say google. Thanks.

MJG

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Example usage, please take the spaces out before the "]"...

The Online Ferrari Community[/url ]

For this and all the other fun bb codes, you can follow the link for "vB Code" under Forum Rules when posting any message.

11. yfc

yfc Karting

Dec 23, 2003
    Geneva / Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Can one reply to a (known) thread by e-mail?

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Technically it's possible. I think I have it turned off though.