tubi | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. soni348

soni348 Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    still have the stock exhaust on the 360.

thinking about getting the tubi?

do i go to a authorized f dealer or do i have some other options?
    aj

2. mensi

mensi Rookie

Dec 9, 2003
    Click on the Tubi banner at the top of this page or
    call toll free 1-866 364 5438 or
    email [email protected]

3. udalmia

udalmia Guest

i just ordered the capristo w/ test pipes from heiko, i heard from lots of people that it sounds better than the tubi and it has carbon tips as well.. that with an upgraded ecu should be kickass, cant wait :D .. will let you know how that sounds since i have also heard several tubi's

4. soni348

soni348 Rookie

Jan 11, 2004

Is you dont mind me asking. What are you paying for everything, I heard the ecu is $$$$.

5. udalmia

udalmia Guest

i picked up a capristo w/carbon tips, silenced test pipes, ECU and air filters.. came to about 9.5k total.. i havent received any of it yet but i can tell you one thing, heiko is a damn fine salesman indeed! im sure ill love the new setup

6. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    What si the sorty with the Fuchs? A reliable source said it was the best.

7. udalmia

udalmia Guest

good question codered, i havent heard too much about the fuchs but heiko sells all 3 of these (tubi,fuch,capristo) and he says the capristo is the best, if you dont know heiko (which you prolly do) you will know that he does not recommend a product just because he makes more money off it, its a true recommendation, just my $.02

8. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts
    hi

just click on the email below i will send you the soundfile of the 360 capristo and check the picture in the webshop. if you need more info about the unit just send me your phonenumber and i call you.

Heiko
    HGParts
    Sponsor of FerrariChat
    email: [email protected]
    Webshop: http://stores.andale.com/hgparts

9. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Is there a sound file of Tubi alongside a Capristo comparing the sounds. Since you sell both it would aid in the decision making.

10. udalmia

udalmia Guest

there are sound files of the tubi on www.scuderiasytems.co.uk media section.. though i can tell you voice/video files do not do justice to either of the exhausts, the sound has to be heard in person

11. mensi

mensi Rookie

Dec 9, 2003
    Sound is so subjective that it is realistically insane to qualify and rate exhausts on sound only. We've done some research and some of the "best" sounding exhausts have sometimes been 'no exhaust" (tube-only/dummy canister) or some concoction made by a neighborhood muffler shop. I am sure Fuchs, Capristo, GHL and others make a decent exhaust but none of them can claim the Tubi heritage and closeness to Ferrari. Tubi was started in 1987 by Fausto Littieri and Enrico Ruini, both heavy into F1 exhausts research and production already at that time. They started in Maranello and are now in a high-tech facility in the village of Fiorano, a few yards away from the Ferrai F1 building and test track. Fausto's and Enrico's passion has been to bring their F1 expertise to Street Ferrari's and enhance look and sound with hand-made products of the highest quality. (for example, it takes a couple of men a bunch of hours to make a single set of tips out of a flat sheet of stainless steel.You can't say the same of other makes, most will just weld a set of chromed pipes to their exhausts). TubiStyle also have a secured area and have been sworn to secrecy by many of their racing customers... There is much more to be said about Tubi but the best thing is to look at one up close and listen to it on a car just like yours. You guys who visited the new F store in Maranello, you may have seen this.

12. soni348

soni348 Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    dude,
    thanks for the info. my friend has a 360 with the tubi and we were on our way to lunch sat. afternoon and the sound, lets just say I had a smile from left to right. mine is quiet and his sounds like a race car.
    I still have the stock one on mine. think i am going with the tubi. it is costing me about 5K- hope this is about right.

13. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts
    we will see what the time brings but for sure tubi will loos a lot sales. the capristo exhaust systems are allready big sellers not sure if tubi will be happy with there new warehouse

Heiko
    HGParts
    Sponsor of FerrariChat

14. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts

when you spent the money with the tubi and here the first capristo on the 360 your smile is gone and you feal bad spending the money on the wrong unit. talk to people that had a tubi on the 360 sold it and went with the capristo.

Heiko
    HGParts
    Sponsor of FerrariChat

15. udalmia

udalmia Guest

to each his own, enjoy your purchase

16. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

Good Luck on your choice.

I have heard rumors that Ferrari will not be allowing dealers to sell any aftermarket parts anymore.

17. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    I HAVE done side by sides on the Tubi and Capristo. There is NO comparison if what you want is a deep, rich, clear sound at the bottom and a true F1 sound at the top. The Capristo is simply in another class. The two people who own Tubi 360s here locally are truly bummed about having spent $4200 on a Tubi after they heard my 360 with the Capristo and silenced test pipes. My cost on the Capristo was like $900 less than that AND it is (imho) a much better built unit. The craftsmanship on the Capristo is so utterly incredible that a friend of mine who works as a welder of stainless steel, said "Damn! That is so beautiful...it's a shame to put it in a car...you should leave it out on display!" Then I gave him a ride in the car and he agreed that it indeed was best suited for driving and not simply viewing!

Russ

18. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Go with Heiko...he's DA MAN!!

19. team360

team360 Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bell Canyon, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott Platt
    I agree with Russ, I was almost got a Tubi instead of the Capristo but made the right choice. The Tubi is nice, way better than stock but the Capristo is far superior in sound and build quality.

20. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Has anyone here had any experience with the Capistro/Tubi on
    the 355 or 360 Spider? Stock Exhaust on the Spider sounds pretty
    good IME. I'm concerned either Tubi or Capistro might be to loud for extended drives???

21. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Russ,

I guess if I would have looked at your profile I would have realized that
    you have the Spider, not a Modena. Do long rides leave you with any
    after drive humming effects?? Or just a smile? Or does the smile over-ride the humming effects?

22. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #22 360CS, Jan 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sorry to drop in guys, Im in the Uk had a Tubi on my 360 for 4 months and still think it sounds sweet.

Having said that I followed Russ previous threads with some delight the way you guys talk about the Capristo, Is it that good? Ive heard the sound files on the website but its difficult to get a true representation.

Just my 2 cents worth.

From a Cold wet Great Britain :-(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    The sound of the Capristo with silenced test pipes in the 360 Spider is beyond compare. The gurgling and deep popping are neat when you lift off throttle. The sound up top is like a drug. I keep going up there for one more hit. It is VERY addictive! It is a little loud, but this is a car which is to be driven hard, with a passion...the smells, the feel, the sound, the wind...they ALL contribute to that HUGE grin on my face after a spirited drive. If I wanted civility, I would drive a Civic.

Having a 360 and NOT putting a Capristo with test pipes on it is like having a killer stereo and never turning it up past 2.

Just DO IT. You will be pleased.

Russ

24. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Has anyone heard a capristo exhaust on a Mondial 3.2 or a 328? Just wondering how that would be....

25. udalmia

udalmia Guest

damn russ you keep making me want to call heiko and ask him to rush my order more and more