Photos of the Maserati GT. | FerrariChat

Photos of the Maserati GT.

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by dan360, Jan 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    #1 dan360, Jan 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    #2 dan360, Jan 13, 2004
  3. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    #3 dan360, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    I love the black paint with the white decals.

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    boy, if they go road-car with that, i think it'd be a big mistake to the ferrari brand. keep it on the race track.

620hp, i'm told.

doody.

6. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Here's the text of the article from Maserati.com

When Andrea Bertolini turned the key to the 12-cylinder engine at Fiorano, a new chapter was written in Maserati’s glorious sporting history.

The MCC, short for Maserati Corse Competizione, today began a series of tests at the Modena circuit designed to fine tune various components. The 12 cylinder V-engine has a displacement of 5998 cc and produces over 620 bhp. The MCC’s sweeping, aerodynamic body rests on a carbon-fibre chassis that weighs 1100 kg. Push rod suspension in steel and tyres by Pirelli complete the hardware.

Giorgio Ascanelli planned and oversaw the MCC project - a model which is very similar to the new Maserati Granturismo (MCS). The car will be officially presented at the Geneva Motorshow in March this year.

With this new model, the House of the Trident will take part in some selected FIA GT races in the upcoming championship, ahead of full participation pencilled in for 2005.

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Looks pretty bad-ass... i, too, heard they were going to make a street version available to the public... Why...? That makes no sense, whatsoever... Aside from a few cosmetic differences and seemingly more horsepower, it's pretty much an Enzo with a wing... What would they charge for something like this...?

i just hope they make a 1:18 model of it... :D

8. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    That is a beautiful car.

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Now that is a nice looking race car.

10. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    its a racecar and 40 hp DOWN? restrictors?

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Very cool - That is one badass looking car.

12. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Yes.Those 2 intakes at rear of roof. The street car won't have those. It will likely look some what different as well. I'm thinking of Blue with tabac interior for mine.

13. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Its nice but hands up who would rather have one than an Enzo.... thought not.

Per Autocar today they are going to make 25 to homologate the car in the GTS class

14. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Daytona fan - does the Autocar article say 25 Road cars or just 25 cars?

15. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    homologation implies that the manufacture make 25 road cars available to the public for general consumption; so, it'll be, 25 road cars + the race car stable. it's a beautiful looking car. although, the body shape looks to be a coupe form of the audi R8 (especially at the rear; i.e., the winglet designs out back).

16. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Thanks Hubert, I wasn't sure about that - I know that the rules are arcane in this area, but for example back in the 70s, Porsche build 25 917s to homogate that car as a "production sports car".

So threfore, I just checked the lemans.org website, and their GTS regulations say that some form of "production" car is required. This includes the wording "The manufacturer must bring all the necessary proofs of the sale and the use of this car on the road at the ACO request."

Link here for those that are interested.

http://www.lemans.org/course/aco2002/ressources/medias/pdf/cahier_des_charges_2002_reglement_lmgts_gb.pdf

17. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    It reminds me of Merc's CLK-GTR

18. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    The car looks very wicked!! I just hope it can live up to the hype when it hits the track......

19. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    dan: "homolgation" and the "art" therin is a very ironic field. remember the bmw m3 gtrs (that had the M5 v8's) bmw was supposed to homologate them, and said the road car was in production, but i don't think i ever heard/saw more than 2 prototype road cars. the same thing is going on with the new cadillac cts racer; it's a "production" car, per se, but none that i know of, have been sold to the public, while the racer is already in testing. it was a similar story with the benz clk gtr , allegedly a road car, but i've never seen all that many sold/for sale, nor the porsche gt1. it'll be interesting to see if the maserati (as implied) will ever see floor time at your local retailer.
    beautiful car , nonetheless.

20. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

Why wouldn't they produce it for the street? Enzo production is capped at 399, and judging by the resale asking prices of $1M+ for an Enzo there are still people ready to pay big bucks for cars of this caliber. Building this car (for $500k?) would allow Ferrari to keep its word and abide by their self-imposed limit of 399 Enzos total and approx 4000 F-cars per year.

It would bring in additional revenue that could be used to develop/fund the Maserati race team. Think of how many sets of $30k ceramic brakes sets they could sell if there were a few hundred more cars around using them.

Some may say that Ferrari would damage their image or "heritage" by producing this car for the wealthy enthusiast masses, although I would argue the contrary. First, in the fifties Maserati was at least equal to Ferrari as far as racing goes, so they have heritage of their own to uphold. Two, can anyone actually look at this car and say they would rather have a 360 coupe if cost were no object? If anything, building this car would enhance Maserati's current image, rather than doing any damage to Ferrari. Finally, if it wins, then it could be said it was a Ferrari with a Trident on the nose; if it isn't competitive it was just some old Maserati and the real race cars are Ferraris. Either way, Ferrari's reputation is preserved.

21. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    They are.

22. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Nice...! What color is tabac...? Is that like a bone...? There's no elite list for this car or there is and you've already been asked...? Any idea how many they're making...?

23. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Tan. Still early days but they did say they'd get me one.

24. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Napolis,
    It still looks like it has a rather long nose, how will that do on those country roads. Obviously the ride ht will change, will the ride ht be adjustable?

I get dibs on fist ride

Rob

25. squidracing

squidracing Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    That car is erotic!!