FCA | FerrariChat

FCA

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by bboxer, Jan 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    Just got an email from FCA/LA canceling another event (2nd one in a row I think).
    What's up with the Club, are they not getting enough participation ?

2. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    I'm not sure why they are canceling events... I didn't receive the email you are referring to. Well, in case you are looking for a drive event, Ferrari Driving Club will be hosting a drive in early Feb... We'll be posting it in a new thread soon.

Byron

3. superbimmer

superbimmer Karting

Jan 12, 2003
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I'm also an FCA member ... no email here. What event? Next on the calender is the Ortega Run ... always very well attended! Last year there were nearly 60 cars, I believe. Perhaps you are referring to the tech session at Beverly Hills Ferrari? Don't know much about that ... wouldn't surprise me if that got a limited turn-out. The FCA is not much of a "tech" club ... mostly social events & runs.

4. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes it was the BH tech event. But I seem to recall recieving an email a few weeks back also canecling an event. Which one was that ? I first joined in 1979 and have not participated much in recent years; from what I get in the mail, it does not seem to have become more popular, I wonder how their membership count is doing compared to other clubs.

5. superbimmer

superbimmer Karting

Jan 12, 2003
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Believe it or not ... the FCA Southwest Region has a tremendous membership. Many join just because they own a Ferrari, and feel a correctness in being a member, even if they seldon participate. And ... the FCA magazine is quite good. All of the events are well attended, and the club seems to be very healthy. My wife and I go to most of the events, and have a good time ... have never experienced a cancellation. They may be a "wine and cheese" crowd, but it's a very enthusiastic group of Ferraristas, who are easy to chat with. We have never experienced any sense of eliteness from the club, as a whole. One of their most successful events last year was the US Formula 1 GP race gathering.

6. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I believe FCA cancelled the Paramount Ranch Rally that was slated for Nov.
    STEVE