Hot Wheels 1:18 360 Spider in WHITE (WHIPS SERIES)!! | FerrariChat

Hot Wheels 1:18 360 Spider in WHITE (WHIPS SERIES)!!

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by karmavore, Jan 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    #1 karmavore, Jan 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. timgos

timgos Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I saw that at the local target. I probably would have picked it up if it weren't for those rims and I wasn't a big fan of the interior either. That and I already have a "stock" 1/18 360 Spider. Now I just have to work on getting the 1/1 version :)

3. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    I was very reluctant to purchase it, but I did anyways!! I too am not convinced by the wheels and interior. I already have a white 360 Modena, and so I wanted its topless sister for my collection. I am hoping to find a cheap or damaged 360 spider with factory wheels. This way, I will be able to swap out those chrome eyesores later.

4. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #4 Eric W, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #5 Eric W, Jan 13, 2004
  6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh, man...! SWEET...!!! When i first start collecting, i told myself i wouldn't pick up more than one of the same car merely because of a difference in color... i've since broken that rule and plan to break it again with this car, if i see it... Very cool...

7. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #7 Eric W, Jan 13, 2004
  8. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    That Lamborghini is the Shiznit with the rims

9. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    I think the Murcielago looks better 'customized' than the 360Spider. Those chrome and yellow wheels lend themselves better to the Lambos design . The chrome whips just look out of place with the spider.Nevertheless, this is my 4th 360 spider.... red , yellow, silver, and white. Still haven't bought the 360 spider F1...but the year is still young.

10. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    How easily are those huge out of scale wheels removed and replaced with standard ones?

Luke.

PS, the "busta rhymes" Lambo does look good.

11. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I tried it already. It's not easy if you want to keep the white interior with the white car. HW change a few screw mounting points so it won't be an easy swap. But, I'm sure with a little effort it could be done.

12. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    The wheels are screwed on?

Luke.

13. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I believe the front wheels are screwed in from the back of the rim on the white Modena. It's not the same on the regular Modena.

The easiest method would be to swap the whole chassis. But swapping the interior won't be as easy. It has different mount points over the front steering assembly.

14. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Gotcha. I'd perfer the Tan interior off a red sprider anyway.

Thanks Eric!

Luke.

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i saw it last night; it looks ok; i was hoping they'd do more with it like tint the windows or something... The did a nice job with the wheels... Some parts chrome, some parts orange; it matched the orange calipers nicely...

i didn't buy it, i'm holding out for a 1:18 Barchetta, but i DID pick up the white 360 Spider of the WHIPS collection... Of all the stores i DIDN'T go to last night, the one store i DID go to, had it... i had to buy it... There was no two ways about it... Sigh... i'm such an addict...