Ferrari Driving School | FerrariChat

Ferrari Driving School

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by lukek, Jan 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    So you bought an Enzo and do not know how to drive it?
    Easy. Just sign up for the official Ferrari Enzo driving course. Only for current Enzo owners, and only 13,200 Euros.
    Details are on the owners.ferrari site, click "driving courses", then "Enzo"

I personally want to do the Mugello driving course where 575s and 360s are provided, only 4907 Euros !

2. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    That's about $16,855USD.

3. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    what a joke.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Maybe so but I'd go (if I had an Enzo). Why the hell not? I did Mugello (see profile pic), had a great time and netted one of my (now) best friends.

DL

5. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    i have nothing against the program itself -- must be really nice. but for 16 large you could run a race season @ the club level ( SCCA ITS/ ITA , some spec classes, ect) and net a lot more experience than this. you could also attend just about every racing school in the nation for the same dollar, and, again, gain that much more experience. it may not be enzo specific, but seat time is invaluable. i guess i'm just an old fashioned kind of guy, that even if he had a ton of money, would weight the bang v. buck. doesn't matter to most, but i'd still pause -- or, at the very least, make note of the figure.

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Absolutely true! But the Enzo class is ALL about the EXCLUSIVITY. Same thing goes for the car itself. For 1.2-1.3MM... one could obtain an F40, an F50 and a 355 Fiorano...but that is not what it's all about, is it?

DL

7. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    you're not talking about DB are you :) i looked at your profile picture and that 550 was going so fast that the picture is blurry. i wonder if damon inadvertently gave you my picture? LOL. just kidding of course :) you're the guy (not me) who managed to consistently keep his car on the track and pointed in the right direction!

best,

rick ramage

8. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    But we're talking about someone who paid 600 large to be able to own and drive an Enzo daily... 16 large to thrash on somebody else's Enzo with a Ferrari instructor on Fiorano track... sounds like a bargain to me... if I was an Enzo owner... which I am not. I couldn't justify the $$ for either of my dream cars (F50 or McLaren F1), let alone the Enzo... but I might think about the $16K to thrash someone else's Enzo on Fiorano... if that was made available to me.

I have long been seriously considering taking the normal Ferrari driving courses at Fiorano... but of course, first I must do the one at Mugello. Mostly because I just want to drive a 360 around Fiorano. The $$ are an issue... hard to justify... but that's not what has prevented it so far (I've justified it to myself, at least for now ;) ).