A few more of my Ferraris | FerrariChat

A few more of my Ferraris

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Eric W, Jan 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #1 Eric W, Jan 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #2 Eric W, Jan 13, 2004
  3. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #3 Eric W, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #4 Eric W, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #5 Eric W, Jan 13, 2004
  6. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #6 Eric W, Jan 13, 2004
  7. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #7 Eric W, Jan 13, 2004
  8. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #8 Eric W, Jan 13, 2004
  9. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann

I love the 355 GTS's I have the yellow and Black one, I have to admit though, when I put the black one together, i had a little trouble with the shifter and the seats staying in place, but I finally got them to stay with a little superglue. I haven't added the White 360 California Whip to my collection yet. I just ordered a set of 6 rims, one set I will use for my black 550 Barchetta and another will go to my Mira 348 TS or better known as the GTS denoted by the Black 355 GTS. I saw that 360 Whip on E-bay a couple of weeks ago. where did you get yours, Adkins collectibles hasn't gotten this one in yet, neither has the 250 Lusso, and 166 MM come in yet.

Help me out please!!!

10. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I found them at a local store, I bought all of them. I've been selling a few on eBay.

11. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    I'm hoping to run into the F355GTS at one of my local stores. I have the F355GTS 'yellow' (UT version) and my black F355 Berlinetta (UT as well).Plus my red and silver F355B's from Mattel. I did purchase the yellow Testarossa 'KIT' and it is already sitting in one of my display cases. I too had problems having the seats in place, but I just gave the glue time to dry....and it worked. As far as the shifter, I had to just barely expand the hole in the gated shifter to allow the shifter enough space to squeeze in. Perhaps this is a common problem with the Mattel Kits TR's and F355's alike????

12. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann

13. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann

I have hit just about every Hobby shop here in Houston, Pearland, The Woodlands, Kingwood even Trains, planes, toys and more located on Westheimer and Fondren, which is the has the largest selection around, and have had to no avail finding UT Ferraris to add to my collection. There is another Hobby shop on Chimney Rock, where you can find the Ferrari Kits, but no UT Ferraris. The only place that used to have the Ferraris that we collect is the KB Toy store in San Marcos, Texas at the Prime Outlets which is about a three hour drive, if going through Austin. Which I tend to drive I-10 to Hwy 123. 2 hours 12 min. Speed 70-100 mph, be careful around Katy, and Sealy, Texas. DPS is pretty tough. i got busted doing a (bill 40) in a seventy. Radar Detector and Radar Jammer couldn't help me at all. He was cool enough to write me up for 88 in a 70. I guess because when my radar detector went off. i slammed so hard on the brakes, my front end kept doing the bunny hop until I stopped in the EM lane. Note ( the ridges in the em lane, made me think that I had hit something.)

14. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    Dana-

I bought my UT F355's back when UT was still in the business of making Ferraris. As far as the hobby shops in houston are concerned. I bought a 550M in black years ago from the one on chimney rock. I sometimes go by there to see what they have, but they don't seem very curtious...or maybe its just my imagination?!?! I've never bought from the one on Westheimer. The last time I went to San Marcos they didn't have any Ferraris at the KB at the outlet. I mostly depend on Kb toys, ebay, Target, Walmart, and pure luck to build on my collection. So I guess you have to be at the right place and at the right time to find just the right model. My friends and family have all but given up buying me 1/18 Ferraris. My collection has grown 'out of control', and they have a difficult time finding something I don't already have!!!

15. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    your are really good at putting models together

16. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    I can't believe I misspelled courteous..ouch!!!!!!!

17. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    These looks exelent...GREAT....I thought they were real..hehehehe

18. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #18 Eric W, Jan 14, 2004
  19. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    hehehehehehe.....that so cool...hehehehehehehe

20. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    Don't feel bad, it is not your imagination. When you pull up in a car priced a little over 100k, your treated like a king. I get all kinds of help. I can turn right around and pull up in my junker and some old clothes. I then get followed around the store, or the big Guy with the glasses watches my every move, as if I am going to steal something, when I know I can buy the whole damn store. The people at Trains,Planes and more are a lot nicer. I am thinking about getting into the R/C planes. My only hangup is if you crash one, you are out at least a minimum of 1k. I could easily reinvest that for my two kids. Especially since J.P. Morgan Chase just bought Bank One out. Prices should rise significantly around March. New fiscal YR and all. 10k in 170k out. Know what I mean.

21. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    Cool web site too