Best month in summer to visit Montreal? | FerrariChat

Best month in summer to visit Montreal?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by f355spider, Jan 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I know, I know...see the F1, but the gf will kill me, and so would the crowds. So, when would you folks recommend? Early, like May or later in July? Or some other time?

Considered the winter carnival in Quebec City...but thinking a warmer month would be better...

2. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Second week of June.....F1 weekend.... it is amazing.

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I believe a week or two after Grand Prix weekend is when they have their big jazz fest. It's supposed to be a great time as well, and no F1 craziness. Check that out.

4. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Remembering the very hazzy, humid (sweating your bag off kind-of humid) summers in Montreal, its best to avoid the months of July and August. May and September are ideal (warm, but not humid.).

5. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Thanks Peter,
    I'm thinking late May then. I will call you sometime for more specifics. I have the brochures! :)

6. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Dave, go during the F1 weekend. Even if you don't go to the race, just being in Montreal that weekend is worth it. LOTS of great Ferrari-related events, fantastic weather, food, *shopping for the girlfriend*, and even lots of US. Standing on Crescent, looking at the BMW F1 display, or in the Quartier Latin, looking at the Jaguar F1 display and FASHION Show, or the Ferrari parade and festival on Peel, or the cocktail party and dinner and parade at Ferrari of Quebec, or the karting we always do, and the girls in tight lycra walking around, or the just dang coolness of it all. Hotels can be $$$$, but if you're smart and diligent, you can get a room at CDN$89/night for a nice place (hehehe). The race is incredibly too, but even if you don't go, you can still hear (and feel) the cars even if you're just standing in scenic Vieux Montreal, across the water!!

The Jazz festival is great, but crowded as well and not cheap. Consider attending during the "Just for Laughs" comedy festival.

vty,

--Dennis

7. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Okay Dennis, I will reconsider :) I better start planning now.....
    Going to the race itself will be a giant "no go" with the GF though.

I get enough comments about hooking up with the gang, either in Seattle or Vancouver..."don't you guys get bored looking and talking about Ferraris all the time?" "As a matter of fact NO!" :)

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Dave, I'll second this. But you may also want to consider Mt. Tremblant. I believe that they will have some historic races there this summer.

One last thing -- The mountains of Canada and upstate NY have these nasty black flies until about June 12st. They're not a problem unless you mind going around looking like you have the chicken pox.

Have fun, DrTax

9. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Excellent suggestion by Dr. Tax. Come to Mont Tremblant during the Ferrari Festival, if you can't make it to GP weekend. It's 6/24-27, Thu-Sun, with track days at Le Circuit Mont Tremblant. One of the best racetracks in North America. Too bad you won't have your 328 there, you big fat wussy. :)

Oh, and if Nancy Wong, hot librarian, doesn't want to go to the race, I'll be happy to entertain her in town while you're sitting in the grandstands.

BTW, Dave, a friend of mine bought that 355 GTS you were considering....

vty,

--Dennis

10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I live in Montreal and if you want Ferrari action you have to come in June.

June:
    -Canadian GP in Montreal (The city goes crazy during that week-end. Everyone going on Crescent street to look at the Ferrari's and there's some more on St-Laurent street) And then if Ferrari wins the race every Tifosi are celebrating in the streets and you gotta love the atmosphere and the feeling to be part of the festivities

- Ferrari Festival in Mont-Tremblant (25-27 of June) (1h30 away from Montreal)
    Its been 2 years in a row I go to this event and I will keep on going thats for sure. You have historic races, 360 Challenge races and more...
    The race track is beautiful!! Many Ferrari owners from Ontario like coming here, and others from Vermont, New-Brunswick etc..
    http://www.lecircuit.com/events.htm

Guys, let me know if any of you will be going to the Ferrari Festival in Mont-Tremblant.

Cheers!