Customers, what are they thinking?? | FerrariChat

Customers, what are they thinking??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Diablo, Jan 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

I just talked to one of my technician friends and he was telling me stories about some customers. I thought some of them were interesting seeing that it makes you think, am I picky or normal.

1- A customer brings his brand new car to the dealership to have it worked on.......His request, Don't touch the paint!!!
    The door handles are painted.....

2- Customer brings in his own parts, asks for a discount on the labor.
    It's like bringing steak to a steak house and asking if you can get a deal on the rest of the meal.

3- Track, while going through a tech inspection, customer says don't touch my car..

4- At the track, customers Street car had the park brake engaged.
    He complained that on race cars the park brake will crack the rotors.
    RACE CARS don't have Parking Brakes!!

These are just some of the stories he has told me.
    I'm sure more are to come.

It just goes to show you that,like the saying goes, You can't please all of the people all of the time.

2. Tpup

Tpup Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Roy
    I can relate to this one. At a recent track event, some "tech inspector" started walking around my car with a torque wrench tightening the lug nuts. I asked him what he was tightening them too and he didn’t know. I told him to stop and not to do that to my car again. (I keep a torque wrench with me and tighten my lugs after each session.) I don't need some moron over tightening the lugs; I've seen a wheel break off, at the lugs, at the end of a high-speed straight, not pretty.