Radio Controlled Ferrari F2002 | FerrariChat

Radio Controlled Ferrari F2002

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by ferrarigr, Jan 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    Well here is my hobby...Racing Radio controlled cars.I can't race the real ones so I have Radio controlled instead...

2. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    A family member of mine is into the whole R/C Formula 1. I guess it is huge in Shanghai (where he runs his business). Im not sure what scale of car he has, pretty big, 1:5 maybe, but I know it was close to $15,000 for the car, and he had spent well over $7,000 on additional parts (new tires, brakes, etc.) He also has a Mercedes within the same value range.

Would be fun, but as a hobby, a little out of my price range!!!!

3. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    and some other views...

4. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    Ok the ones that I run are the 1/10 scale.Not as expensive..This one cost me 150USD but with some ajustments got up to 400USD but runs 40-50mph...very fast...and good fun.

5. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    40-50mph??? That sounds good. Can I get info on where you purchased yours, or where you might be able to get it online?

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Yiannis, I need your recommendation. I have a Mc Laren 1:10, but have not yet purchased the servos and radio. What do you suggest? It almost seems like there's too much to choose from. Good-looking Ferrari, by the way. Did you "scrub" the tires, or is that just from use?

7. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    The tires is from use...very very well use I can say and this is the second set that i have.I run the car on board the ship that I work at the basketball court we have.
    I just purchase 2 more sets.This one and the modena that I have I "kill them"
    The place that I buy all my items is from www.towerhobbies.com.I have to say they are the best fast and they have everything you need to build up your car.
    For servos i use the standard ones Futaba.Another place to get F1 stuff for radio controlled cars(very very good) is www.formula1-rc.com/shop/
    They are in Hawaii but the have all the goodies that come from Hong kong that you cand find anywhere in USA.Like the on board camera a decals and and and...
    Here is an inside look as well..

8. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    Note that I did alot of upgrades on the car as when I first run it i had a big crash :(..So everything that i have on is hop ups from
    www.formula1-rc.com/shop/
    Mostly aluminum and carbon fiber.Like the A arms very important to change I think.They get all the presure so I upgrade them with aluminum ones.

9. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    This is how all was in the begining.....

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yiannis,

I got the 2002 car myself, but a much simpler version: 1/10 as well, but not 4WD (looks like that's what you got). Runs pretty good too.

Where did you get the Marlboro stickers? I need those, especially the white one for the nose. Hate those white blobs.

I also have an unassembled 2001 car in the box with 4WD. Once I saw all the parts, I quietly put the box back...

PS: Do not give any tech tips to Jack (Gilles27)! He is the one I have to race against...
    :)

11. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Huh? What? Did I hear someone mention my name?

12. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    Hehe...looks like you guys having fun racing with each other..
    I'm racing with Danny a good friend of mine he is having a 1/10 Tamiya Porsche.
    Yes this is the Tamiya 1/10 F201 4WD chassis and is the carbon fiber chassis that i got on.The motor I have is a 19turn motor and the receiver is a Novac.Now the decals I got them from the same web site that i did all my shopping for the hop-ups
    http://www.formula1-rc.com/shop/
    He does have the decals you need i always get spare ones as they go very fast and these are hard to find.As I can see the F1 Tech Ferrari F2002 Decal Set are out of stock but check egain as he's always getting more..very popular

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks for that update. I don't need the exact year of the decals, as long as it says Marlboro on it I'm happy. I'm not a smoker btw, but hate political correctness crap. Marlboro foots the bill for 'our' victories, so they deserve to be mentioned.

14. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR

Yes I know...I am a smoker but when it comes to items like the scale cars and R/C cars gives them the real look...Same thing with my Ferrari clothing.I have both with and without Marlboro.When I wear the Marlboro shirts everybody ask where I found them as they are difficult to find.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I know what you mean. Just look at my avatar. My racing suit has all the Marlboro patches as well. Took me a long time of ebay scanning to find them all.

16. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    That will be my next purchse and the racing gloves.At the moment I have all the mechanic day gear..shirts,shorts,shoes,shocks,jackets...Yes e-bay is a big damage when it comes to these things..hehehehehe
    Another good web site is the www.speedgear.com . Ok no Marlboro items but big gama of ferrari items...far too many I have to say

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Here's a pic of my suit and helmet. The most difficult patch was the big triangular one on the chest. Took me almost years to find that one.

18. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Andreas;

Dont they give you a funny look when you pull up to the window at Chez McDonalds wearing that???? :D

Just Kidding. Great looking suit.

Rob

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually I was hesitant to wear it at the track. Didn't want to be too much of a show off, after all I'm a total rookie when it comes to track driving my own car. And it shows...

But the experienced folks encouraged me and said, if you don't wear the proper gear on a track, you're a fool.

The funny looks only came when I changed clothes in the parking lot. Oh well.

20. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I remember that feeling when i raced Jet skis taking my wet suit off in the afternoon only to remember i drove to race with nothing on under the wet suit..... OOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSS :D

21. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR

This looks FANTASIC....FANTASTIC....I would wear this one all the time...I wouldnt care...I wear my Michael Schumacher racing shoes with my jeans and Fila Ferrari mechanic shirt on the airplane when I travel...Everybody thinks that I work for Ferrari hehehehe....OK I have a Ferrari Back pack and MS 2003 hat as well on....hehehehe

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Coming back on the subject of the R/C car:

I need to get a Tamya radio Adspec GT1 for my F1 201 chassis. I did some intensive internet searches but could not find this radio set anywhere.

Any suggestions for places? Or is there a similar/clone radio that does the same trick?

23. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    Now you got me on this one my friend...Sorry I cant find it anywhere.Can you give me more info so I'll search the Hong Kong sites and ask the Chinese experts????

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Tamya Adspec GT 1 (there is also a GT 2 meanwhile) is the official radio transmitter, receiver, servo and battery unit for the Tamyia 2001 4WD 1/10 R/C Ferrari (and Williams), chassis 201.

If you do a google search, you'll find the unit all over the web including in the eTamyiashop. However I have nowhere seen it on sale. Strange.

I mean this kit is now two years old, so somebody must have put a radio in it. It is not like this is some brandnew stuff that just came out.

Thanks for your help!

PS: I continue with the construction. I'm still about 20 steps and 500 parts away from adding the R/C so we have some time...
    :)

25. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    i also have an F1

is a williams bmw
    not working right now

i have a micro rs4 also