Lotus Esprit on 95N Tue 01/13 08:30 in MA | FerrariChat

Lotus Esprit on 95N Tue 01/13 08:30 in MA

Discussion in 'New England' started by Doody, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i had to give this guy some kudos! he's driving a red lotus esprit (with a tad excessive rear wing) up 95N in this nasty salt storm (and we had snow squalls yesterday).

i think we ran together from Route 9 Newton up to 4/225 in Lexington.

the guy is a madman! anybody know who he is perchance? good for him for enjoying his car 12 months out of the year!

doody.

2. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    I have seen him too (I think). However, it was on 495S somewhere around Westboro.

3. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Aren't Esprits fiberglass with a galvanized backbone chassis like other Lotuses? Still, it's an awfully light car to have out in questionable winter weather.

4. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I'm not sure that Lotus is entirely familiar with the Galvanization process - I think of them as more like Alka-Seltzer. Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.

Joking aside they are totally fiberglass, so should survive nasty weather well - but they'll have the same electrical demons that any other car has. It was so cold this morning, that when I started my truck the headlights wouldn't come on - some relay somewhere frozen or some such!

5. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Doody,

Ummm, not the thread jack but... Had the 308 out today. The roads here were clean but DAMN that cold weather! She has not been turned over for nearly a month and started right up. Took a nice, careful 20 mile spin to keep the fluids going. Had some ricers follow me for a while too...

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin