Ferrari Records | FerrariChat

Ferrari Records

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by DJK, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DJK

DJK Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    Does anyone know if Ferrari has records of "Build Sheets,Original Equipment,Engine Numbers,etc." by model,year or serial no. that are
    available to current owners? PORSCHE has this service,called"certificate
    of authenticity" available for a price and I am wondering if FERRARI offers
    the same service. any help would be appreciated.

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Yes. Check out their official site. "Owners Site"

3. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Yes, at the Owners' Site, but not for more modern cars. I think they stop at 1969.

4. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    they do not stop at 1969, but things get spotty. They recently increased the cost of the certificate. I submitted all the numbers for my 1963 (when it was free), and while my engine, tranny, and chassis matched, my diff was from a different car. I was deemed an unworthy mongrel). I promptly made my cert in Photoshop and framed it for the garage wall. I do not plan to pass off mine as the real thing, but it was fun to put it together based on their sample.
    Unless you have a rare beast with little history, have lots of disposable income, and prefer to brag versus drive, I would skip this one. To each their own, of course.

thx
    luke