FCA Directors/Officers/Volunteers Wanted | FerrariChat

FCA Directors/Officers/Volunteers Wanted

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Mike C, Jan 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    For those of you who don't read your FCA mail regularly, or are new enough members that you're not on the label-list yet, the Southeast Region is looking for a new Regional Director. Bart Durham, who has served well for the last 2 years, is ready to pass the torch.

Likewise, each state needs a Chapter President, and even if the "incumbent" is going to continue serving, volunteers to help are always appreciated.

Other officer positions are Treasurer, and Membership Chairman.

If you are personally interested in serving, or if you want to nominate someone, and/or just want more info or have ideas and suggestions to share, contact past director Wendy Djang at [email protected] as she is "collecting names" for Bart. Or Bart can be reached at [email protected].

Mike Charness
    [email protected]

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    What's the pay and/or perks ? I see you have to attend a few FCA events each year. Are your expenses paid for those events ?

3. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Frank: We don't do it for the perks -- we do it for the joy! ;)

Generally, if you arrange an event, you don't pay for your own participation as long as costs are otherwise covered, so there's a perk of sorts.

I think the regional director gets his trip expenses to one or two "required" national meetings covered, but I'm not absolutely certain about that.

Mike

4. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    FYI: I have agreed to take on the role as Regional Director for the FCA Southeast for the next two-year term. I'm grateful that Tommy Cosgrove has agreed to take over my old role as Alabama Chapter Chairman. I welcome suggestions regarding futures events, and I look forward to helping our members get the most out of the camaraderie that come out of the love for these cars.

We still need volunteers who are willing to help with club activities as the need arises in their area. The states in the region include Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Feel free to post here, or contact me through the Ferrari Club of America SE region website, at
    www.fca-se.com

Mike Charness
    [email protected]

5. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I think one of the perks is that you get your name posted in some FCA stuff. Maybe , also in adds of the FCA in forza or the Cavilino.

I hope to be more active in the club in the next few years and wish I could come up with a good charity event for everyone to enjoy and the public too.

I will be at the cavilino in Palm beach next week if anyone is there , geive me a call and we could throw stones at my buddy Roberto who is also going.

6. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Bob, good to see you here, and I hope you're enjoying your new car. Crawford White is the new Tennessee Chapter Chairman (taking over from Jake Murdock).

I look forward to seeing you again at some events. I really enjoyed your hospitality for the Formula 1 race viewing you hosted a few years ago.

Mike Charness

7. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    fwiw - when I was treasurer of the FCA-SE in the 90's, everyone including the organizers, paid for the events for which the FCA-SE was financially responsible. I guess times have changed.

Honestly, I think Frank was kidding with his question.

8. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Actually, I was making a presumption there. When I go to the national board meeting (which is the only meeting that national pays the directors' travel expenses for), I'll find out for sure. If I'm given the option, I *would* like to see that as a perk for the folks who put in a lot of time and sweat into making the various events happen. I can tell you from my own experience that the guy or gal putting on a track event usually doesn't get to drive or socialize as much as the majority of the registrants/participants -- he or she is WORKING!

9. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Mike, you have a PM :)

10. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    If Crawford is taking over, does he have to repaint his car red ?

11. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I've already got my appointment with Earl Sheib. Regular price is $99, but I'm getting the deluxe $200 job (they actually mask off the windows before spraying!).

Bob, you going to Barber in March???

12. cheddah

cheddah Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Mike, I sent in a reply right a way and have received nothing at all in the way of feedback....

13. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I don't know if you sent it to Bart, Wendy or both... and I don't know why they didn't respond to you.

Email me directly at [email protected] what you have in mind.

Mike