What is this car?? | FerrariChat

What is this car??

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Billy10mm, Jan 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Billy10mm

Billy10mm Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Westchester
    Full Name:
    Billy Ng
    This is a followup to my "Going to South Beach" thread. I wanted to thank those of you who offered me up recommendations on places to eat. We ate Friday night at this crappy Italian joint called Tiramesu (I lived in Little Italy for 2 years so to me, the food sucked) that had slow service, a rude waiter who hit on my wife right in front of me, and our slow/rude waiter even tacked a 15% tip onto our order for us which I deducted from the bill (That is so tacky it isn't even legal in NYC).

Anyway, Saturday night, based on recommendations from a co-worker of mine and someone on this forum, we went to Joe's Stone Crab. We were told that the wait can be two hours by 8PM so we got there about 5:45 (it opens at 5PM) and were told it was a two hour wait. Sure as hell, we finally got a seat around 8:30. However, the wait was worth it. The food was, without doubt, the best I've ever had. And I was pissed off at the rudeness of some of the staff so I was looking for ANYTHING wrong with the food .... thankfully, I couldn't find a thing. Absolutely amazing.

Now, the reason for my post. Dammit there are a ton of rich bastages down there in South Beach. Our first walk outside the hotel we saw two 360s (one of them a silver spider), a highly modded Viper on 21" rims driven by what looked like a 19yr-old punk, a Maybach 62 in ugly two-tone brown, and a yellow Murcielago with what sounded like an aftermarket exhaust and 3 people inside (the chunky chic was sitting up on the center console looking really uncomfortable). Anyway, the next afternoon, I decided it best I take the camera with me to make sure I got shots of anything else. I've got a pic of a black SL and a black 996 Turbo, both with chrome stock rims. Another of a new T-Bird with 22s (I know it's a Ford, but the rims were kinda neat) and this pic I'm linking to below. Can someone tell me what the hell this is??

http://www.krle.com/unknown_car.jpg

Bill in Brooklyn

2. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Panoz Esperante

3. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Bill,

That fine looking ride is a UPS van. They use them to deliver stuff all over the world... Oh, the other car? None other than a Panoz Esperante, built by Don Panoz's son. It's a street car from the company run by the son of the founder of the ALMS race series. I think they are based in Georgia. I've never seen one on the road, but seen many in magazines.

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
  5. Billy10mm

Billy10mm Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Westchester
    Full Name:
    Billy Ng
    Thanks for the help guys. I knew I was going to kick myself cause there were a lot of familiar lines on it.

Brent ... give me your mailing address ... I laughed out a mouthfull of Coke I had when I read your first sentence and I'd like to send you the keyboard =)

Bill in Brooklyn

6. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    Esperante has a Ford powerplant, correct?

7. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Yes

8. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Nice little package, Ford V8, Nasty delivery, Very light and tossable.....

9. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I've hit the fit and finish of the car isn't up to par with similar cars in its class/price range..