Here's a car I designed, any comments welcome | FerrariChat

Here's a car I designed, any comments welcome

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by jonesn, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    I've been working on it for a couple years when I get the spare time. I don't have a front or top view, those are next. Any critique or comments are greatly appreciated :)

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Allow me to lend a hand here. This is what it will look like in the flesh:

3. TeenwhoneedsaFerrari

Dec 23, 2003
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Blair Salter
    For the most part I like the lines on your car! It looks a bit like a Zonda without a rear wing though. I would say lower the cabin roof. Also, I would rethink the doors and the design you have goin there. Add some vents there for the engine cooling and brake cooling.

Just my thoughts on the car. Really does look great for the most part so far though!!

-Blair

4. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    Yes, I forgot to mention I had the successor to the Zonda S in mind with my design. I love the Pagani, so I put my own spin on it.

5. TeenwhoneedsaFerrari

Dec 23, 2003
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Blair Salter
    In that case, lower the roof AND add a bit of a wing on the back. Since you are going for the Zonda thing, then those two would really help, plus redesign those doors as I mentioned before. I can't wait to see a finished product!

-blair

6. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    I don't think the roof could go any lower. Yes, it might look better, but you would really sacrifice comfort.

You won't see it until I do a top view, but the wing will be mechanical rather than sticking out all the time like a sore thumb.

7. TeenwhoneedsaFerrari

Dec 23, 2003
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Blair Salter
    You are right. I wasn't really thinkin so much about the comfort at the time. lol. And i like the idea of the mechanical wing.

8. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    Also, just to clarify, the black area around the wheels is flat while the white areas are curved (I really wish I had a rendering with shadow and light, then you'd see it). The black area on the lower middle is simply an air intake, like the Zonda S.

9. itsme

itsme Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    i think its cool. very maclaren esk. possibly lowering the center profile may aid in the reduction drag coefficient.
    i admire anyone at least trying! very cool.

10. Andrew

Andrew Karting

Feb 26, 2002
    Tokyo, Japan
    Looks like a great start. I agree with the above, your trying and that counts for something. If you need some more photos of the Zonda or other cars to help your creative flow see these:

http://www.corsaphotos.com/gallery/pagani

11. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    If you recline the seat {F1 style} or lower it all the way to the floor you can lower the roof a little more.
    If you are taking notes from other cars... try this:
    Zonda S body
    CGT mechanical wing {goes up auto when you hit 70mph}
    Maclaren F1 power
    And Ferrari craftmanship
    Sell it for 1.5
    Have everyone in the world say "ripoff car" about it
    Then with the money from the sales, build an even better car!
    Go go go!

12. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    great job! The downer part of designing a car, from what I can tell, is figuring out how to package everything. Darn things need engines and transmissions, radiators, and then us drivers end up having long legs, or arms, or even heads with ocassional helmets, stuff that needs to get in there somewhere.

But don't let stop you, keep going, and please leave room in the produciton schedule for a few "prototypes" for us to test out before your crash test <grin>.

A friend of mine does low volume car manufacturing here in town, it's a tough business, but one we need a lot more choices in!

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Good start ... bit worried about the 2 years time frame, but I assume (hope) you have other things to do. Just as well you do not have investors waiting for the sketches :)

Okay time for the 3 dimensional type sketch so we can really get an idea of the shape ... ie. move away from side profiles. Have a look at the sketches (somewhere in this site) for the 612. Don't have to be brilliant (although I am sure they will be) but this will really help us access the whole car ...

Pete

14. f355 Nashville

f355 Nashville Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    Nashville, Tn.
    Full Name:
    Ting
    great drawing.. may i ask your age? and what you do for profession? love the mechanical wing idea i hate sorethumb spoilers like the ones on the diablo