I-Pod Mini-------- | FerrariChat

I-Pod Mini--------

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tonyh, Jan 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Is this availiable in US yet and if so what's the price, pls guys? Will stores ship to UK?
    Thnks
    Tony

2. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Nope, not yet available anywhere. One large Mac vendor listed sometime in February it should be shipping for $249USD. Don't know about shipments to the UK but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.

If you can wait a few months, they expect Apple to drop the price on the mini to $199USD.

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Thnks.Have ordered from Apple via a friend in NYC.

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Just buy the 20GB.. same price as the Mini and holds much much more.

I have the 40GB, sync'ing it right now actually!

Sunny

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Sunny,
    thnks for advice, but my music needs are not that big! I have to take advantage of £ 's strength at the mo. as it works out @ £139 for Mini.
    Tony

6. tiggs

tiggs Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    The mini iPods won't be out til February. I really like them and the smaller size is just right. For me, it'll make a great additional iPod to play with. For those who haven't seen/held them, the pink one surprised me the most. It actually looks more purple-ish under low light conditions.

JaguarXJ6: Minor correction in that the next step up from the mini iPod is the 15GB iPod, not the 20GB. The 15GB retails for an addtl $50 US($299) and the 20GB is even higher but with addtl accessories.

And I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to lower the price. 6 months easy if not more. Its a new 1" drive/size factor thats just starting to ramp production so they'll sell everyone they can make.