Victory by design: Ferrari DVD | FerrariChat

Victory by design: Ferrari DVD

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tonyh, Jan 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Can i buy this in the UK , guys? If not, will it be shipped from US ok?
    Thnks
    Tony

2. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    If you order a US DVD, make sure your UK DVD player will play it; I'm not sure what type of region issues you'll run into if you do not have a multiregion DVD player (or even if you do!).

3. Steve Darrah

Steve Darrah Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Midlothian, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stephen C. Darrah
    I lived in the U.K.{Gerrards Cross} for 6 years. My experience was that U.S. produced DVDs and Tapes will NOT play on U.K. dvd or video tape players. and vice versa.You may be able to find a dvd player today which will allow you to switch between U.S. and U. K. formats. Good luck.

4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Steve's correct.

There's two factors against you here:
    1) NTSC vs. PAL - which is the display itself. Everything is NTSC over in the states, and PAL in the UK, AFAIK.
    2) DVD Region coding - these DVD's by VbD might not be region coded , if so, you cannot play it in your DVD player there. i.e. - Region 1 is North America, and you must have a Region 1 player to play those DVD's. This was implimented to prevent exportation of pirated movies from China/Hong Kong, etc.