Can anyone run a Carfax for me (non F-car unfortunately) | FerrariChat

Can anyone run a Carfax for me (non F-car unfortunately)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JaguarXJ6, Dec 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Please PM me if you can.

Or, here's the VIN SAJPX1147SC731237 '95 Jag XJR

If it checks out, going to swap daily drivers. Been wanting this limited edition car since I first saw it in '99.

TIA,
    Sunny

2. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
  3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Oh yeah, I did. I came to the conclusion that while a percentage of my income goes to my parents and I'm running into more expenses holding down 2 $800-850 rent payments, and affording a g/f I'm falling hard for, best to keep it practical.

Ok ok, so practical in this case has a very vague meaning. The XJR6 has a better visceral feedback and is more reliable. Its the same body style I'm accustomed to and in love with, with the speed to feed my addiction for a daily driver. You can FEEL the transmission snap together, the supercharger whine makes itself known, and there are less electronic gizmos to go wrong. T/C will never be on except in the rain. It is one of the least "civil" Jags in feedback since the XJR-S and the Lister. I like that raw driving experience with the same exact style.

The 4L80E can be modified with a 5th gear which will help freeway cruising greatly too, gearing is a weak spot on the cars. I will drive the piss out of this car until the engine blows, and I'll replace it with a salvage force fed 4.2L V8 and tranny from an unfortunate donor XJR. Its almost an even swap for the car I have now and the XJR has 19k less miles. And the color... been fixated on it for 4 years now.

Sunny

4. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    which color would that be?

5. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Aquamarine metallic.. I had a picture with my old car at Polesden Lacey in the Surrey region (UK) with the caption, one day I want one just like this. This was taken in very bright light, not my photo. :)

6. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Here is the pic of the one for sale. $13k, 79k miles. Sent an e-mail, will wait tomorrow for a response, then call.

500 were produced in 1995, out of that, not many in this color. Special order color in 1996-1998 (color survived long enough to grace the first year V8 range), so the chances of scoring a later model XJR and in the color are better spent playing the lottery. By the time you win or find the car, its already too late. Respray? Very expensive.

You either love the color, or you don't. Most people don't like it.

7. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I know that color! I've only seen it a couple of times in person. Very rare, it seems most XJRs are black. The pics really don't do the color proper justice. It's really quite striking in person.

I wish the best of luck in capturing the beast.

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Cool Sunny! :)

Hope you can snag it!

9. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Actually, I doubt the 79k miles have been 75% as hard as the miles I've put on my '97 XJ6 which is about to tick over 97k miles!

Most do not drive the cars as they were intended. I over drive mine, so the XJR will likely see more use with me than it did its owner. The rims key me off that they wanted to update the car without going a gaudy aftermarket route. They stuck with OEM. It could have been an enthusiast owned car which the service history will provide more details on. I know people who can take a look at the car and if it checks out, I would fly to look at it myself.

With that said, the straight six power train is good for 200k+. A rebuild will run in the range of around 5k and give me a long life from this engine. A used 4.0L V8 and autobox conversion would be around $6k plus conversion costs and labor of around $5k.

Like an older 911, the engines in the '95-'97's love abuse and just keep going provided they are looked after and not "I'll fix it later" cars. I don't fear this car as much as I fear the V8's which are still reliable, but not quite as this particular setup. :D

Sunny

10. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Give me your email addy. The pm service says the report is too long, even when I send two. Or I can post it here. You have nothing to fear, it's clean.